diy solar

diy solar

Low voltage EG4 LiFePO 48v not taking charge

Danbos7

I need some advice on an issue with my EG4 LiFePO 48v batteries. Essentially, they were used to the point of BMS shutting down to sleep mode due to low voltage. They gave a steady red alarm light and only read about 5v. I re-awoke them by connecting them to another 48v LiFePO battery I had. Two of the three batteries in parallel then accepted charge from my all-in-one charger/inverter and are up and running. The third one is awake with a flashing green “Run” LED and a flashing red “Alarm” LED and now registers 43.1v. It is not accepting charge as the others in the bank do, verified with a clamp amp meter and its voltage remains at 43.1 volts. I have turned it off and on in different configurations (hooked up to other batteries/charge controller etc). Any advice or words of knowledge?

I have found Signature Solar less than helpful when trouble shooting their products. The issue boils down to the time it takes to get help, tech support suddenly ignoring my emails in the middle of trouble shooting and tech not knowing the basics of their own products. Initially when I called them on steps to re-awaken these batteries, tech support said there is no bringing them back because they were reading 5 volts. I had to explain to him that his company’s batteries come installed with a BMS that disconnects at voltage in the low 40s to prevent full drain and permanent damage. Needless to say, I’ve waisted lots of time seeking info from them and trying to get their products running smoothly. If anyone has knowledge or experience to share on how I can get this one battery up and running I would appreciate it!

Open it up and charge after BMS. Bring it up to over 48v. I was told not to go below 48v

Open it up and charge after BMS. Bring it up to over 48v. I was told not to go below 48v

That worked well, thank you. Signature Solar currently says low voltage shutoff should be set between 44-47 volts with BMS kicking in lower than that. However, their recommended settings for their products do change over time.

I was told 48v and that keeps you away from any chance of BMS shutting down.
I don't go that low. I have back to grid at 50v and then back to battey at 51v. Only switched one time since July. Right now I'm only using 20% of my batteries every night.

Back