diy solar

diy solar

LTO battery

Hi
Any update on these batteries?
Regards
I sent 2 back to china for them to test so they can see that they are not up to spec.

Out of 100 I purchased about 64 were above 41Ah about 25 were in the 35-40Ah range and the rest were below 35.
I'm ordering 150 more from another supplier and I already came to terms with them the process if cells are not up to spec. Plus I have the means to test them all now within the 30 day Alibaba return policy.

I sold all batteries that were above 40Ah on e-bay to help offset mu cost of shipping.

The others between 35 and 40 ah I have deployed in a 2P12S configuration as storage in my home test system.

It is working flawlessly so far.

estimated capacity is 72Ah but I have not tested the full bank yet.

Did you order cells? and do you still need help with a testing system?

Just for fun I have this available on the web. It shows my test bank voltage and PV stats PV and Battery monitor.

Hopefully in the next few days I can track power in and out of the pack.

Did you order cells? and do you still need help with a testing system?

Just for fun I have this available on the web. It shows my test bank voltage and PV stats PV and Battery monitor.

Hopefully in the next few days I can track power in and out of the pack.
Hi
No - been side tracked with the need to rebuild my camping canopy. I destroyed it in my last trip across the desert. Part of the rebuild is a bettery that fits inside a 105mm width cavity but I could not get the LTO configured into that space - so back to LiFePO4 but been waiting for either Daly or Chargery to come up with a Bluetooth and seem like Chargery won that race.

Will go back to the LTO story probably after July
How did you mount the batteries into packs to get the 2P12S?
Regards

Hi. Is it possible to use 6s lto yinlong to start a 12v diesel truck engine? I'm tired of buying lead acid batteries that are unusable after a couple years. The amps required for starting a diesel is crazy high so i wouldn't want to damage the lto batteries. I think the lto yinlong have 10c discharge so at 40ah that would be 400 amp max discharge.

So maybe i would need to have a 6s4p lto which would give a max of 1600 amp max discharge. Or I could use a maxwell esm supercapacitor alongside to help with the burst of amps that are needed to start an engine.

Thanks for your input.
Don.

Hi. Is it possible to use 6s lto yinlong to start a 12v diesel truck engine? I'm tired of buying lead acid batteries that are unusable after a couple years. The amps required for starting a diesel is crazy high so i wouldn't want to damage the lto batteries. I think the lto yinlong have 10c discharge so at 40ah that would be 400 amp max discharge.

So maybe i would need to have a 6s4p lto which would give a max of 1600 amp max discharge. Or I could use a maxwell esm supercapacitor alongside to help with the burst of amps that are needed to start an engine.

Thanks for your input.
Don.
I think they would work fine. Planning a test on my gas truck. Not diesel but I will be able to hear if it is weak.

Im experimenting with LTO batteries so far I like them but have not capacity tested them yet 100% I'm using 12 batteries which gives me a low voltage of 1.6v per cell and high of 2.8v per cell with a total range of 19.2 volts to 33.6 my plan is to cycle them them fro 20 Volts to 33 volts from my testing so far that high end of the charge does not yield that much energy. Currently my inverter works from 33 volts down to 21.4 volts but I have found one or two with a range of 18.1 to 34 volts so they should be perfect. Im just want to do some more testing before I shell out 1500 on the inverter. Most other inverters dont have a range optimal for LTO batteries.

Im working on a testing rig to get full DOD out of batteries and I will report my results hopefully with a full energy per Mv drop in voltage. If i test these and they get close to 40 AH I will use these batteries in my systems. I want to use them because of the high C rate and numbers of cycles possible. Plus I just like trying different things.

The way the math seems to work, 11 LTO cells would put the voltage ranges closer to what inverters expect, at least at full charge, than 12. I have zero experience with this though. I'm assuming a 1.8-2.8v range for LTO. Would I find more 24v inverters available using 11s instead of 12s?

Last edited:
The way the math seems to work, 11 LTO cells would put the voltage ranges closer to what inverters expect, at least at full charge, than 12. I have zero experience with this though. I'm assuming a 1.8-2.8v range for LTO. Would I find more 24v inverters available using 11s instead of 12s?
Yes you are 100% correct but in the end either way is ok. For me what it came out to is the layout having 12s puts both positive and negative posts facing same direction vs 1 on front and 1 on back of cell bank. I have been running this for about a month and it has worked flawlessly so far. Also with 12S you get 88 more watt hours of storage per cell in parallel.

Back