diy solar

diy solar

LTO "Grade A" Aliexpress Cells

ouch at that price. toshiba got recalled but I think it was a BMS thing. ATT started using those in nodes as battery backups. that was 4-5 years ago.

Batteryhookup seems to be a reliable source of cells stateside with fair pricing inc shipping.

Got some suggestions on better priced LTO cells from a reliable source? Low cost shipping? Fast shipping?

As Will has stated before in his videos, the LTOs voltage spread is concerning, but for special application use I can see these cells being beneficial.

While I dont live in an extreme climate, my future plans for a large Lifepo4 pack will be backed by small solar heat pads for the lifepo4, powered by a small LTO 6s battery for a more modular system. This idea is not new and I've read about people attempting this before.

Last edited:
Model No. Capacity
LTO66160H40Ah
LTO66160P45Ah
LTO66160F35Ah
LTO66160A30Ah
The common model number for Yinlong LTO 66160 cells.

The most common one seem to be LTO66160H. The one in batteryhookup is LTO66160F model.

For companies that do not want to do a customer right, such as when I got screwed, I don’t see why you couldn’t say you didn’t receive cells etc.

Or purchase, have them shipped and then say you didn’t receive them. In my eyes if it’s ok for them to commit fraud etc, you should be able to do it. Their thieves. I am still owed a refund on some cells from a supplier in China. And I intend to order from them and say it wasn’t shipped after they arrived, because having to pay for the 3rd party bs doesn’t work.

Not only that technically you’re not lying, you didn’t receive what you was told, so ?‍♂️ It’s just like how they pull technicalities. Fight fire with fire, being the victim is bullshit.
And for your Time being wasted (which mine is very valuable), I see the little bit extra you gain as payment for your trouble.

Last edited:
For companies that do not want to do a customer right, such as when I got screwed, I don’t see why you couldn’t say you didn’t receive cells etc.

Or purchase, have them shipped and then say you didn’t receive them. In my eyes if it’s ok for them to commit fraud etc, you should be able to do it. Their thieves. I am still owed a refund on some cells from a supplier in China. And I intend to order from them and say it wasn’t shipped after they arrived, because having to pay for the 3rd party bs doesn’t work.

Not only that technically you’re not lying, you didn’t receive what you was told, so ?‍♂️ It’s just like how they pull technicalities. Fight fire with fire, being the victim is bullshit.
And for your Time being wasted (which mine is very valuable), I see the little bit extra you gain as payment for your trouble.
Well...they have tracking and when UPS confirms the drop of the cells...there is not much you can do I guess.
Also UPS has cameras on their vans, that record everything. You would get problems with UPS in Germany.
And on the other hand side...well, I try to be honest and accurate. Yes, I got screwed and that sucks and I am mad.
But hopefully other people can learn from my mistakes and don't buy from this dealer.
If I had more details written into the contract, the outcome was probably better.

From now on, I will always insist on making a contract, that states the quality and also in advance a 100% refund, if a cell does not keep up to the promises of the datasheet. Also, I will make sure, that they accept my testing methods and testing device as evidence.

Therefore, trade assurance will have more leverage on deciding in my favor.

Back