diy solar

diy solar

LTO

Kan2

Hello!

After watching Wills video:

I got a question about these batteries. For my application the pros greatly outweigh the cons. The only thing I just don't understand is how to use it correctly with an inverter. I was thinking of using a DC to DC converter/regulator like stated in the video. Do you need to get it to 24v to bring it down to 12v to be successful or can you just use it at the 15.xx volts which comes from using the 6 LTO cells. Idk if that makes sense.

Exactly what would I need to do it? Newbie here. I got my own small lil system but I'm still very green to this.

Regards,

Look for an inverter that can handle the higher voltage. Like a samlex evo. Also you can cut charging at 2.4 volts if needed to keep volts to inverter spec. With these batteries 90% of energy is in the 1.9 to 2.1 volt range

I already have a 12v inverter, which I used with agm battery and it works great but now this batteries seem to be so much better and they're not crazy expensive either, so is it possible for me to keep the batteries at 100% with my inverter? Specs says it only supports from 10.5-15v. It would be such a waste. Do you have any examples of inverters that can work with much v?

I didn't read your previous message, those inverters are pretty awesome they got up to 17v and really low too, which is the other side of the coin with these batteries. So basically that's the most ideal solution since you don't need to do anything else, however what's another solution if I already got my own inverter?

I didn't read your previous message, those inverters are pretty awesome they got up to 17v and really low too, which is the other side of the coin with these batteries. So basically that's the most ideal solution since you don't need to do anything else, however what's another solution if I already got my own inverter?
Like I said use a charge profile that works with your inverter. I'm not home right now but I've tested over 100 cells and the energy is between 1.9 and 2.1 volts. I can post the results later for you.

So far I've only got a cheap pwm charge controller, I don't think I can modify any real settings on it. I would require a mppt to do so correct?

Thanks guys, that very helpful.

The other question I had about those batteries is: For every 6 cells you need an individual BMS correct? Which you then can plug in series or parallel depending on your set up.

Looking at it price wise it's very close to say a battle born for same-ish ah but with a lifetime longevity.

I think their benefits in order are
1. Low temperature charging is not a problem
2. Very fast charge and discharge rate.
3. No problem with discharging to 0 accidently
4. Cycle count.

5 I can make a slightly higher capacity battery than battleborn for less.

Back