Luxpower hybrid inverter technical support

Can someone tell me why the time changes by itself every day to two ways
I have a EG4 6000XP made by LuxPower and am currently experiencing similar. The time keeps consistently changing to China time.

I don’t want unauthorized remote changes to my inverter, so I will disconnect the dongle until this gets sorted out.

Your dongle should be connected to a west coast based AWS server.
Can you go to the local IP of the dongle and check the settings ? The server should start with a 3.xxx.x.xxx

Last edited:
Your dongle should be connected to a west coast based AWS server.
Can you go to the local IP of the dongle and check the settings ? The server should start with a 3.xxx.x.xxx

Not sure how to find this information since I didn’t register the dongle with an account.
I just connected the dongle using the app with the “dongle connect” and “local connect” buttons.

Last edited:
Hi friends, if you have any questions about Luxpower inverter, please post them here, we will try to reply as soon as we can.
Hello Grace. I have a 12kW inverter with a Vbus over range fault. Kindly advise on how the fault can be reset to restore operation.

Attachments

• IMG-20240128-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20240128-WA0009.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3
I have a EG4 6000XP made by LuxPower and am currently experiencing similar. The time keeps consistently changing to China time.

I don’t want unauthorized remote changes to my inverter, so I will disconnect the dongle until this gets sorted out.
The issue might be in the mobil app...i am not impressed. Anyway it seems everytime i was in the app and "read" the time changes

or set up a seperate internet....just change password

Hummmmm, server changes..... So if the server changed then the time on the display; front of the inverter will change.
I also updated the firmware to ver 17 recently so mabe the update will solve some issues.

Last edited:
ok can you dm me the contact info? i'll ask my colleagues in EU market to take care of you.
When will your website have information regarding the 8kw model that was at intersolar? You guys posted about it on your Facebook which is more info than anywhere else thus far. I’m sure it’s still in development, just wondering if you have a projected timeline for these?
Separately, why can I not find a U.S. vendor with the 6kw with built in breakers outside of rebranded ones?

Hello Grace. I have a 12kW inverter with a Vbus over range fault. Kindly advise on how the fault can be reset to restore operation.
What was the resolution? My inverter throwing same error today. It has nothing to do with the mobile app.

Hi Everyone,
Is it possible to achieve this with a Luxpower hybrid inverter?

1. AC Charge battery from 2am to 5am to Max (Cut off 90%)
2. AC Charge battery from 2pm to 4pm to Partial (Cut off 50%)

The reason is I have cheap Elec between 2am and 5am so want to fill the battery (My export tariff is basically the same as this cheap import so I might as well fully charge as any excess will make me the same amount it cost)
BUT
I have expensive elec between 4pm and 7pm and if it been a poor solar day I want to put a partial charge on the battery (even at my standard rate daily rate) to get me over the expensive peak but not to much! ( this is mostly for winter months during the summer months it shouldn't matter much and i'll probably have to play with the percentage)

Thanks for any input.

Ian

Hi Everyone,
Is it possible to achieve this with a Luxpower hybrid inverter?

1. AC Charge battery from 2am to 5am to Max (Cut off 90%)
2. AC Charge battery from 2pm to 4pm to Partial (Cut off 50%)

The reason is I have cheap Elec between 2am and 5am so want to fill the battery (My export tariff is basically the same as this cheap import so I might as well fully charge as any excess will make me the same amount it cost)
BUT
I have expensive elec between 4pm and 7pm and if it been a poor solar day I want to put a partial charge on the battery (even at my standard rate daily rate) to get me over the expensive peak but not to much! ( this is mostly for winter months during the summer months it shouldn't matter much and i'll probably have to play with the percentage)

Thanks for any input.

Ian
I’m using the 6000xp by luxpower and it can be configured that way.

I've got the 5kw hybrid and from the settings I'm seeing it doesn't look possible.
any chance you could post a pic of the settings screen that would allow that please?

I've got the 5kw hybrid and from the settings I'm seeing it doesn't look possible.
any chance you could post a pic of the settings screen that would allow that please?

Not my pic, but this is similar to what I’m seeing on mine.

IMG_3961.jpeg

Thank you I don't get that 'According to time' option so looks liek i'm out of luck unless a future firmware update adds it.
Thanks again.

Thank you I don't get that 'According to time' option so looks liek i'm out of luck unless a future firmware update adds it.
Thanks again.
You can Set Battery SOC and Time (according to) in AC charge timings.
BUT
I have expensive elec between 4pm and 7pm and if it been a poor solar day
And set AC Charge Start/End Time 1 and Time 2 respectively for your timings.
There is a bit of trial and error involved
AC Charge Start/End SOC to your desired range.

Back