diy solar

diy solar

Luxpower hybrid inverter technical support

Grace,
Install went fine, but the inverter is asking for a numerical password to make any changes (like switching away from lithium). Also this probably would not be an issue if my account was an installer account. I have different battery setup (32 Tesla Model S batteries run by a unique BMS (Simp BMS for safety) no need to talk to the BMS but need to change the absorb and float voltages to 46V. Thanks!
I am certain it may need a firmware upgrade, this is the older 12K version with the smaller lower connection enclosure.
I need to AC couple an 8KW SMA inverter

Can you check with your technical department to see if there is a possibility of updating firmware to accommodate people who have non 48v nominal batteries. For people who have been using Schneider units who have batteries that get up to 64v. For example 18s lifepo4 batteries can be charged up to 63vdc. That is one of the other things the Sol-Ark has got you beat on. It can accommodate of up 63v max.
I also have a need to set both absorb and float voltages to a non standard of 46V.

I have most all functions working and it is semi properly doing TOU arbitrage, (tracking the usage properly via the CT's) ( there is a CT offset parameter and ct winding options for use of other CT's but the stock ones are accurate so far)
One issue and I am sure it is a setting, which it starts the "load shedding" at 4.01 pm (16.01) but does not stop at 21.01. hmm It may not start automatically yet for I was fumbling around trying to get the battery charged, AC coupling with an existing 2007 8KW SMA, and probably did not set it up until after 4pm... just trying...

This morning, there wasn't any discharging at all. Can you tell me what settings are preventing discharge from happening?

1684505326460.png
1684505418306.png

Can you check with your technical department to see if there is a possibility of updating firmware to accommodate people who have non 48v nominal batteries. For people who have been using Schneider units who have batteries that get up to 64v. For example 18s lifepo4 batteries can be charged up to 63vdc. That is one of the other things the Sol-Ark has got you beat on. It can accommodate of up 63v max.
Hi The Lux unit currently can only support operation range 40-60Vdc , the integrated BUS capacitor of DC-DC side is 63Vdc , so charge voltage must be less than 60Vdc . Battery of 15S and 16S is suggested , you can have more 15S or 16S in parallel connection to get high capacity instead of a high voltage model , also 63Vmax. couldn't full charge a 18S at all.

Thanks
Kind regards

I have most all functions working and it is semi properly doing TOU arbitrage, (tracking the usage properly via the CT's) ( there is a CT offset parameter and ct winding options for use of other CT's but the stock ones are accurate so far)
One issue and I am sure it is a setting, which it starts the "load shedding" at 4.01 pm (16.01) but does not stop at 21.01. hmm It may not start automatically yet for I was fumbling around trying to get the battery charged, AC coupling with an existing 2007 8KW SMA, and probably did not set it up until after 4pm... just trying...
Hi ,
You can see CT offset and CT ratio setting via web server .
you can check off-grid cutoff soc/volt limit.
And if the grid power is out , AC coupling input will start when battery soc/ voltage lower than start AC couple soc/voltage limit ,
You can attach the inverter serial number and event date and also get it online , then we will check remotely

Thanks
Kind regards

Hi The Lux unit currently can only support operation range 40-60Vdc , the integrated BUS capacitor of DC-DC side is 63Vdc , so charge voltage must be less than 60Vdc . Battery of 15S and 16S is suggested , you can have more 15S or 16S in parallel connection to get high capacity instead of a high voltage model , also 63Vmax. couldn't full charge a 18S at all.

Thanks
Kind regards
Given the 63v value you mentioned; if I use an external charger to charge a 17s battery to say 62.5v will the unit alarm and shut down, or will it just keep using the battery like normal?

Hi ,
You can see CT offset and CT ratio setting via web server .
you can check off-grid cutoff soc/volt limit.
And if the grid power is out , AC coupling input will start when battery soc/ voltage lower than start AC couple soc/voltage limit ,
You can attach the inverter serial number and event date and also get it online , then we will check remotely

Thanks
Kind regards
Thank you.
I still have the need to set the charging voltage (absorb and float voltages) to a MAX of 46V.
I am looking for a lower voltage for charging Tesla 6 cell Model S 18650 batteries. (22.8V X2 in series)

Thanks

Hi All,
I have the Luxpower LPX5k with a VOLTA stage 1 battery (51.2V) and the inverter only charges at 54 V.. according to the `battery manufacturer it should charge at 56V and float at 54V.. is there settings I can change to alter the charge and floating voltage?

Thank you

I see the installers have some advanced settings on their side. How to I gain access to this for my system as I currently only have the viewer?
Tnx
Grace seems to have gone AWAL so I'll chime in. There is an installer version of the webpage. I'm sure LUX could provide it to you, but I ask my dealer for it and He sent me a user name and password. The main capability of the installer version is the ability to see if a new firmware update has been released and to also install the update. I don't see any provisions for being able to notify or updating the LCD firmware.

Good day,
I am new to this forum, i wonder if someone can help me setting up my Luxpowertek SNA5000 solar inverter to communicate with PCE lithium battery BMS. The installer assumed that the battery BMS is not compatible with the Luxpower, but i think there should be a way with the correct wiring to do so. I read some thread where other people were able to fix similar problems.
Thank you for any support.
Regards

Attachments

• PCE-LFeLi-48200TB.pdf
    778.2 KB · Views: 6
  • PCE Lithium battery BMS PIN.jpg
    PCE Lithium battery BMS PIN.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 8
  • PCE manalco LB - LFeLi 48V - Battery Manual.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
  • luxpower battery compatible list-20221223.pdf
    203.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Luxpower Pin Definition for battery communication 2022-10-20.pdf
    308.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Luxpower SNA5000WPV-UM-210604.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 5
Interesting that there is a LuxPower "presence" here on DIYSolarForum.
Seems to take days to get a response from an Alibaba Inquiry...
So asking here then...
Are there any North American Vendors for your products ?
Please provide Certification Information for your products, specifically what Certifications do you have for North America ?
Hi Steve, yes, I send you the documents and also our US distributor info

Last edited:
I'm also very interested in this.

Ps I inquired about ordering through Ali, first I was told they weren't in stock and megarevo was suggested, after questioning if they weren't in stock or weren't allowed to be sold in the US I was told 10+ had to be ordered and megracrappo was suggested again...
Right now we do not have any authorized distributors in Ali. Technical support is very important, so we are working with local distributors to give a better technical support

Grace,
Install went fine, but the inverter is asking for a numerical password to make any changes (like switching away from lithium). Also this probably would not be an issue if my account was an installer account. I have different battery setup (32 Tesla Model S batteries run by a unique BMS (Simp BMS for safety) no need to talk to the BMS but need to change the absorb and float voltages to 46V. Thanks!
I am certain it may need a firmware upgrade, this is the older 12K version with the smaller lower connection enclosure.
I need to AC couple an 8KW SMA inverter
Please send inverter SN and make inverter online, and write email to info@luxpowertek.com for firmware update. Thanks!

Back