diy solar

diy solar

Luyuan battery case

Typo? DId you mean no good when doing AWG?

I just purchased one and hopefully, the AWG molds are sized correctly. :unsure:
Thanks, Typo fixed.
If you get a crimper with AWG Dies your good to gowith AWG wires.
If you get one with Metric dies that get's tricky.

Do you have reference?
It has been on the news the last couple days, the treasury secretary has been over there and said yesterday that tariffs on Chinese green products were a possibility.

Thanks, Typo fixed.
If you get a crimper with AWG Dies your good to gowith AWG wires.
If you get one with Metric dies that get's tricky.
For my $50 crimping tool, the metric size had an AWG “equivalent” on the same die. I just had to use both 1/0 dies on my 2/0 cable and selterm lugs. I might have got away with a 1/0 and a 2/0 die but it didn’t take that much more pumping with all 1/0 dies.

Is there a choice in castors available? I'm thinking if one was going to stack a bunch one would want a heavier duty unit? Cells look great.
You can probably request anything you want. Mine will have 5 boxes stacked up and weigh about 1200 lbs.
I don't expect to move them around very much. But I like having the option.

I got some lugs that I was able to bend ok, I just need to make up eight 8.5” wires with 90 lugs on one end and ferrules on the other and then eight modified buss bars for the class t to front terminal.

2F605059-E733-4611-AD6A-0BA516BAF18A.jpeg

I'm thinking about switching to the new closed loop JK BMS. If I do that, I need to order the new face for my battery box with the cutouts for the communication ports. I am going to ask Amy to squeeze a class T fuse in there too.
Batteries are constantly evolving. These battery boxes will be evolving with me.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about switching to the new closed loop JK BMS. If I do that, I need to order the new face for my battery box with the cutouts for the communication ports. I am going to ask Amy to squeeze a class T fuse in there too.
Batteries are constantly evolving. These battery boxes will be evolving with me.
I am going to see if I can get a couple boxes modified for two 12v 4s in a 8s box with two screens, so two 12v 304ah in a single case.

Back