diy solar

diy solar

LV-2424 MSD CODE 9

C Subleski

Got home last night after long road trip. Checked meter and my battery (a123 24v from big battery) was at 50%. I left invertor on and went to bed. This morning the meter reads 10% remaining and battery voltage at 17! No power in the van. I don't think my bms is working. Anyway, I waited to daylight to see if the system would power up and start charging like it has for the last few months. It tried to come on.....then I got a CODE 9 error. " bus soft start failed" Manual does not say what to do. can you help?

I have the same issue but I am running this in my hunting lodge and it is supplying dc power to all of my internal lighting. The charger is still working and keeping the batteries charged, but when turn on the circuit breaker for grid power to charge when the solar panels are not producing, I get this Error Code 09. I have reset the code error by disconnecting the solar panel negative lead input to the unit, wait 10 seconds and reconnect. I also get this code when I turn on the Inverter. I have to reset the system again. Been running for about 8 months.

Error 09 Internal DC bus soft start failed

In most cases DC-DC MOSFETs are damaged then the inverter always reports the Error 09 alarm. It could be due to the high AC surge or PV surge to damage these sections.

How close are PV open circuit voltages (on a cold day) to the maximum inverter voltage?

DC-DC module was damaged or bus soft start module was damaged. May need to repair main board or replace it.

Back