diy solar

diy solar

Lv2424 array configuration

Jah-de-blah-0m

I have an lv2424 with 10 12 volt 100 amp hour battleborn batteries. And 5 210 Watt newpowa panels. The mppt is 80 amps inverter 2000 Watt. Looking at the best way to create the array. The short circuit current on the panel is 13.09 and the operating current is 12.48 if wired in parallel with this trip the cutoff as the parallel would exceed the cutoff voltage but I think I'm missing something otherwise panels would not be in parallel so frequently. I don't think it would... Are we looking to create maximum amperage to charge batteries versus maximum voltage if hooked in series these panels produce 16.77 volts each 83.85 volts. If hooked in parallel we would produce 62.4 amps which does not exceed the mppt but might exceed the cutoff voltage of the panel. Are we looking for maximum voltage or amperage to charge batteries and are the cut off amperages stated on the back of the panel the cutoff which doesn't seem the case because people wouldn't be wiring these things in parallel so I'm a little confused.

I'm looking up the specs on this panel and I don't see a "Cutoff Voltage" spec The max system voltage is 1000 volts. If you hook them up in parallel the short circuit current spec on the panel I am assuming is the series fuse rating which means you would have to fuse the series panels at the parallel combiner with a 13 amp fuse. I may not be understanding the question correctly though.

this may help its a video on fusing solar panel arrays

This may help too this is a quick and easy solar array string calculator

What is the Max PV Voltage input of the 2424?
What is the VOC of the panel? What is the full spec of the panel?
What is the MPPT Operating Voltage range of the 2424?
Since your system are 24V, then you cannot use all 5 panels in parallel, the Voltage is too low.
Can you get another panel to make it even number? if you have 6 panels then you can do 3s2p.
The 2424 will convert the high Voltage (Voltge has to be higher than Battery to charge the batteries) low current from panels to Battery charging Voltage and high current up to 80A (if you have enough panel Wattage).
BTW, you are saying you have 10 12V 100Ah BB batteries? That is a lot of batteries for series/parallel connection, and you also only have 1000W of panels.

I'm looking up the specs on this panel and I don't see a "Cutoff Voltage" spec The max system voltage is 1000 volts. If you hook them up in parallel the short circuit current spec on the panel I am assuming is the series fuse rating which means you would have to fuse the series panels at the parallel combiner with a 13 amp fuse. I may not be understanding the question correctly though.

this may help its a video on fusing solar panel arrays

This may help too this is a quick and easy solar array string calculator

Watched this video before this guys great...

Since your system are 24V, then you cannot use all 5 panels in parallel, the Voltage is too low.
Can you get another panel to make it even number? if you have 6 panels then you can do 3s2p.
The 2424 will convert the high Voltage (Voltge has to be higher than Battery to charge the batteries) low current from panels to Battery charging Voltage and high current up to 80A (if you have enough panel Wattage).
BTW, you are saying you have 10 12V 100Ah BB batteries? That is a lot of batteries for series/parallel connection, and you also only have 1000W of panels.
Your right... I actually have 10 panels but for the sake of this question was just using five... I ended up putting six panels in series and then parallel each series pair created 36 volts. The LV 2424 required 30 volts to start charging. What's interesting is combining the three three pairs of series panels at 36 volts each one's connected in parallel I thought it would create between 90 and 110 volts. But the voltage remains between 32 and 35 despite having 3 series pair at 36 volts all connected... Still trying to understand that but the system is working running three fridges and kitchen off of this little system...https://youtu.be/riymz16x1jY
This is a short video maybe you can make sense of why

Video question easier this way maybe you can explain

What is the Voc and Vmp of the panel?
" Your right... I actually have 10 panels but for the sake of this question was just using five... I ended up putting six panels in series and then parallel each series pair created 36 volts.."
That does not make sense.
I cannot tell from watching your video to see how the panels are connected.
May be show your wiring diagram.

Back