diy solar

diy solar

LV2424 Hybrid won't power on from AC input

Coil

My LV2424 Hybrid is connected to a 24v bigbattery and a wall outlet with grid feedback disabled. The low voltage cutoff was set to 23V and the " battery stop discharging when grid is available" setting was set to 24v. Solar was set to be the only charging source for the battery so as to not waste power cycling grid power through the battery. The goal hear was to use up all the solar power generated by directing it to the loads first and then to the battery and using the grid when those were insufficient.

I had about 500 watts of consistent load connected to it so not pushing any limits.

This morning I found the whole system turned off. The loads appear to have gone offline around 4 AM. When I went to bed the LED panel on the LV2424 suggested the loads were running off AC power only and the voltage was around 24v which is what I would have expected.

The LED voltage readout on the bigbattery is off as well which suggests it's very very dead (I think). No breakers were tripped anywhere and the LV2424 Hybrid is still connected to AC input. This leaves me with 2 questions.

What setting did I miss that allowed that battery to drop so low as to not even be able to power the LED?

Will the LV2424 really not run from the AC input if it can't power itself from battery?

Let me know if I missed providing any important details.

Thanks!

Edit: I just put a voltmeter across the battery lugs (which the battery is still connected to) and they read 26 volts. When the AC input is connected the voltage reads 27.1 volts. I don't know what that means but I thought I'd add it.

Edit2: My volt meter puts the battery at 23.5 volts (which may have been where I actually had the low voltage cutoff set not 23 like I said earlier). At that voltage, I think the battery LED should still be able to light...

Last edited:
Do you have the white or green unit?

What are your settings in the unit software?

Yes, the unit will not turn on if there is not enough battery voltage.

Back