diy solar

diy solar

Lv2424 settings to stop accepting solar when hits float mode?

Brayden

I do not use my system 24/7. I turn it off when not in use, but it automatically starts charging when the sun comes out. However it starts too early and ends too late. Right now I'm at 27.7V and when I get home later it'll be like 26.5. It is just consuming itself... is there I way I can get it to stop charging at 27.7V??? If it's pulling less than what the unit takes then it's just uselessly running.

I do not use my system 24/7. I turn it off when not in use, but it automatically starts charging when the sun comes out. However it starts too early and ends too late. Right now I'm at 27.7V and when I get home later it'll be like 26.5. It is just consuming itself... is there I way I can get it to stop charging at 27.7V??? If it's pulling less than what the unit takes then it's just uselessly running.
I'm not exactly clear what your saying but I will say this. The idle consumption when the inverter is on is always consuming.(and it's pretty high) If you want it to not eat itself then shut that off and it will help the batteries will stay charged

If you have lead acid batteries, it needs to continue accepting solar to maintain float. 27.7 is common for a standby use float voltage.

Are you using one of the default battery profiles, or user?

I'm not exactly clear what your saying but I will say this. The idle consumption when the inverter is on is always consuming.(and it's pretty high) If you want it to not eat itself then shut that off and it will help the batteries will stay charged
It charges my batteries when it's OFF. I only want it to do that until they're full. But it will continue "charging" until the sun goes down. Draining my batteries for no reason.

If you have lead acid batteries, it needs to continue accepting solar to maintain float. 27.7 is common for a standby use float voltage.

Are you using one of the default battery profiles, or user?
I have 4 lifepo4 batteries. It charges my batteries when it's OFF. I only want it to do that until they're full and then shut off completely. But it will continue "charging" until the sun goes down. Draining my batteries a whole volt for no reason. If it's only pulling 20w obviously that's less than the load of the charger so i want it to shut off when the battery is 27.7

Back