diy solar

diy solar

LV65478 Panels - My head is SPINNING!

medic149

Cabin In The Woods
Okay, I am new and have been learning a lot! But need some help on figuring out what solar panels to get for the MPP LV6548.
I'll be using Lishen 32v 270 batteries to get up to the 48v and also have 2 honda generators for backup. Totally off-grid.

I am getting confused on how to setup the array and which panels will work best with the fewest panels possible.

Here is the information from the LV6548 manual:

Solar Input
MODEL LV 6548
Rated Power 8000W
Max. PV Array Open Circuit
Voltage
250Vdc
PV Array MPPT Voltage Range 90Vdc~230Vdc
Max. Input Current 18A x 2
Start-up Voltage 80V +/- 5Vdc

Pic attached gives additional panel information and examples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• LV6548 split phase manual-20201020_Page_11.jpg
    LV6548 split phase manual-20201020_Page_11.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 24
Okay, I am new and have been learning a lot! But need some help on figuring out what solar panels to get for the MPP LV6548.
I'll be using Lishen 32v 270 batteries to get up to the 48v and also have 2 honda generators for backup. Totally off-grid.

I am getting confused on how to setup the array and which panels will work best with the fewest panels possible.

Here is the information from the LV6548 manual:

Solar Input
MODEL LV 6548
Rated Power 8000W
Max. PV Array Open Circuit
Voltage
250Vdc
PV Array MPPT Voltage Range 90Vdc~230Vdc
Max. Input Current 18A x 2
Start-up Voltage 80V +/- 5Vdc

Pic attached gives additional panel information and examples.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
They give you a recommended solar panel configuration chart based on a 330 watt panel.

How many watts total of panels do you need?
What are you confused about?

Do you have any panels that you are considering buying?

They give you a recommended solar panel configuration chart based on a 330 watt panel.

How many watts total of panels do you need?
What are you confused about?

Do you have any panels that you are considering buying?
I've had trouble finding panels that will keep below the 18A max current in a configuration that the manual suggests.

Also read some other people were having the same issue and haven't seen where anyone posted what they ended up doing.

Would like to keep it to 6 panels total. 3 panels in series for each input, but may need to go up to 12 total with two 6 series strings.
Full load Wh would be 8k.

But, if 3 in series, wouldn't the max input "voltage" be over 18A??
You wrote voltage instead of amperage.
3 in Series is the same amps as 1 panel.

Series multiplies the Volts but leaves the amps the same.

Also Amps is not a hard limit like the max input voltage.

Would like to keep it to 6 panels total. 3 panels in series for each input, but may need to go up to 12 total with two 6 series strings.
Full load Wh would be 8k.
6 250w panels total is 1500watts
12 250w panels total is 3000watts
Looks like you have no idea of how much power you need.

You did not post the 250w panel specs but if the Vmp is 30V then 3 in Series is only 90V.
90V is on the low end of MPPT Voltage Range 90Vdc~230Vdc

4 250w 30Vmp panels in Series would be better at 120V total.

The chart they posted was based on 330 watt panels that have a higher 33.7Vmp

Just to add to this thread, I spoke with Ian from watts247 about the 6548 that I purchased as well. I will be running 2x 6s3p for ~230v VOC and 24.8 amps each and he said it will be fine. The amperage is really flexible.

Just to add to this thread, I spoke with Ian from watts247 about the 6548 that I purchased as well. I will be running 2x 6s3p for ~230v VOC and 24.8 amps each and he said it will be fine. The amperage is really flexible.
That's great to hear. Do you have your 6548 yet? I keep checking their website for updates. I'm hoping my order is in the first batch lol

Back