diy solar

diy solar

LV6548 and SOK server rack battery communication warning 61

Has anyone successfully updated firmware to 112.19 and been able to communicate with EG4 LiFePO4 batteries? I hear those batteries have been specifically designed not to communicate with MPP inverters regardless of firmware but am interested if anyone has tried.

That's fantastic, thank you for checking that out.
Does anyone have the 112.14 firmware so we could compare it against the 112.19.
I had a look through the files for the firmware update on 112.19 and you can see the hex file that gets uploaded during the reflash

UPDATE:
I've emailed MPP Solar to see if they will release this firmware upgrade officially, lets see what happens...
Hi there, were you able to get a 112.14 FW?
I would like to flash back to the original version but I can't find it anywhere.
Would really appreciate if someone could share 112.14.
Thanks!
A

Hi there, were you able to get a 112.14 FW?
I would like to flash back to the original version but I can't find it anywhere.
Would really appreciate if someone could share 112.14.
Thanks!
A
Sorry I don't have a 112.14 firmware to flash back too

Has anyone successfully updated firmware to 112.19 and been able to communicate with EG4 LiFePO4 batteries? I hear those batteries have been specifically designed not to communicate with MPP inverters regardless of firmware but am interested if anyone has tried.
They were not designed against that, we are looking to horse trade a unit with anybody here in order to work with the factory and add firmware, I will make sure R+D is making progress on this, Contrary to the assertion by Watts 24/7 there is no ”hotel California clause” in the warranty or design, just an improved inverter for less money than he sells at.
MPP solar is just a sticker taking a cut in the middle, selling products for years and not listening to the end users. we cut them out and spent their money on a 16k square foot building with 22 guys who apps R+D and repair the units in house.

LithiumSolar posted a video with a solution to the flashing issue that doesn't involve cooling the PCB. Apparently the fix is a resistor in line with pin 2 of the serial cable. For more in depth info watch the video below. I'll update the OP as well to point people to this updated info

They were not designed against that, we are looking to horse trade a unit with anybody here in order to work with the factory and add firmware, I will make sure R+D is making progress on this, Contrary to the assertion by Watts 24/7 there is no ”hotel California clause” in the warranty or design, just an improved inverter for less money than he sells at.
MPP solar is just a sticker taking a cut in the middle, selling products for years and not listening to the end users. we cut them out and spent their money on a 16k square foot building with 22 guys who apps R+D and repair the units in house.
So, we're going to see a 12k+ split phase with a high efficiency toroidal transformer for the LF version, lower idle watts,higher quality caps and guts? A redesign of the case to include a PDP with breakers etc for easy install? 100/200 amp passthrough? Smart load? Are you saying SS is deye-ing to compete? Release date please. lol Seriously ...don't let it turn into the midnight rosie ghost.

Last edited:
So, we're going to see a 12k+ split phase with a high efficiency toroidal transformer for the LF version, lower idle watts,higher quality caps and guts? A redesign of the case to include a PDP with breakers etc for easy install? 100/200 amp passthrough? Smart load? Are you saying SS is deye-ing to compete? Release date please. lol Seriously ...don't let it turn into the midnight rosie ghost.
I cannot confirm or deny these rumors…

Hello all , i need a firmware for mpp 11kw inverter, which is flashable with reflash tool, can somebody help me please ?

Hello, purchased the MPP LV6548 last March and am just now installing using 2 EG4 LiFiPo4 batteries.
All is good aside from the code 61.
I've read this and numerous threads and am wondering if there ever was a resolution that didn't entail strapping the board to an air conditioner and whatever?
I'm a DIYer but no tech-whiz.
Alternatively can I simply run without comms as this seems over the heads of even the manufacturers to correct?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Back