diy solar

diy solar

Lv6548 build so far, questions on DC side, pics

Texican

Solar Enthusiast
The only T- Fuses I could get hands on are the go-power 300 amp., and that took 4 vendors to get
also got the smart shunt
batteries EG4 x 6

should I be using 4/0 battery cables for the entire system ? or is smaller size OK from inverters to buss, fuses are 300 amps
also I did reverse the negative buss bar in the battery rack, as some folks mentioned. this will make both battery wires about 3 ft longer, is it worth it ?

The idea is to keep pos/neg cables exact same length, correct ?

anything else Im getting wrong or suggestions ?

powerwall DC.jpg

will be extending the 6x6 wireway 2 ft to the left under the transfer switch which I added after seeing some of the installs folks on this website have done.
Have 2 midnight solar 30 amp breakers for each array, 2 strings paralled on each inverter
a/c panel is 125 amp using 60 amp breaker
l
powerwall1.jpg

Positive and negative wires to the inverters need to be the same as each other. (The two inverters) between battery bank and bus bars, doesn't matter, unless multiple batteries are paralleled to the bus bar.

The fuse is supposed to protect the wire. So, the wire needs to be sized for the fuse. Or vise versa.
300a fuse should be between the battery and bus bar.
Then appropriately sized fuses for each inverter.

The only T- Fuses I could get hands on are the go-power 300 amp., and that took 4 vendors to get
also got the smart shunt
batteries EG4 x 6

should I be using 4/0 battery cables for the entire system ? or is smaller size OK from inverters to buss, fuses are 300 amps
also I did reverse the negative buss bar in the battery rack, as some folks mentioned. this will make both battery wires about 3 ft longer, is it worth it ?

anything else Im getting wrong or suggestions ?

View attachment 87695

will be extending the 6x6 wireway 2 ft to the left under the transfer switch which I added after seeing some of the installs folks on this website have done.
Have 2 midnight solar 30 amp breakers for each array, 2 strings paralled on each inverter
a/c panel is 125 amp using 60 amp breaker
l
View attachment 87694
Super nice install

Back