diy solar

diy solar

LV6548, EG4 batteries, and 24-hour load test

medic149

Cabin In The Woods
I have my solar setup slowly moving forward. So far, I have my LV6548 installed with 2 - EG4-LL Lithium Battery | 48V 100AH batteries. The solar panels aren’t up yet but will be working on them next. In the meantime, I’ve been charging the batteries using an external charger plugged into my generator.

I’ve charged both batteries to 100%. Then was curious how long they would last before I needed to charge them again. The only electric draw is a Magic Chef 10.1 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator, that is rated at 297 kWh of electricity use per year.

So far, the batteries are dropping 20% of their capacity in each 24-hour period. Does this seem normal?? Wondering if there is a setting in the LV6548 that I have wrong.

When I did all of my calculations on the system, I expected the batteries to last longer. I realize it will change once I get the solar panels installed.

I am now considering getting a 3rd battery as well. Especially because I am one of the cloudiest locations in the country. Lol.

Thanks!

Its pretty normal. My 2x LV6548's will have a standby consumption of 126w. Over 24hrs, thats 3kWh!, or about 30% of your battery.

I'd say you're doing pretty good.

Back