diy solar

diy solar

Lv6548 fault F08 issue

Otisd85

I'm wondering if anyone running multiple lv6548 inverters has run across the F08 fault code, and how they've remedied the fault?
I have 4x mpp lv6548 inverters, the first 2 are set up on line 1 in 2p1 and the second 2 are on line 2 in 2p2. I'm having a lot of trouble with the F08 fault code on the line 2 inverters. I've tried everything I can think of, I bought the inverters from watts24/7 and Ian has been very helpful, but we haven't figured it out yet. He helped me through some troubleshooting and he decided to replace the offending unit. After replacing the inverter that has been tripping the F08 fault code, the code has moved to the other inverter on the same line, 2.
The inverters are combined via 2x 60a 2 pole breakers. All the inverters start and run as they should when the ac output breakers are open, they work fine if I close either breaker one at a time, but one inverter on line 2 trips F08 when I close both sets of breakers.
I'd appreciate any discussion or suggestions that may help me through this.
This pic is a little while ago but gives you an idea how I have things set up.

Attachments

• 20220321_201349.jpg
    20220321_201349.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 49
Just an update if anyone comes across this thread having similar issues. MPP Solar sent Ian, who forwarded it to me, some software to fine tune the voltages on my inverters and I was able to get them dialed in to 120.0v. So far so good, all my inverters are finally cooperating with each other as of now. When I started 3 of the 4 were at 120.3v and one was at 120.7v, and apparently that was enough to cause issues.

I'm having the same issue. I have had 2 in split phase with no problems for 2 months. Added a second pair and getting f08. They start up and run for 5-10 minutes then throw the code. The one showing the code is one of the original pair. Can you share the fix?

Have checked to see if its over voltage? I have a LV2424 and I think that was the solar panel over voltage alarm

Found my problem. I was in bad lighting (power off) and didn't see the wiring schematic for the black and red wires. I looked up the manual online and noticed my mistake. That tiny manual is pretty tough to look at.

Just an update if anyone comes across this thread having similar issues. MPP Solar sent Ian, who forwarded it to me, some software to fine tune the voltages on my inverters and I was able to get them dialed in to 120.0v. So far so good, all my inverters are finally cooperating with each other as of now. When I started 3 of the 4 were at 120.3v and one was at 120.7v, and apparently that was enough to cause issues.
My inverters are at 120.2 and 119.8. Care to share what software you used and where to get it?

Last edited:
I got the program software from Ian at watts24/7.com or usamppsolar.com, I believe he is the main distributor for mpp solar in the USA. He was extremely helpful throughout the process of getting my inverters up and running, but I bought my inverters and solar panels through him as well.

I got the program software from Ian at watts24/7.com or usamppsolar.com, I believe he is the main distributor for mpp solar in the USA. He was extremely helpful throughout the process of getting my inverters up and running, but I bought my inverters and solar panels through him as well.
Hi I got the program from mppsolar. I'm having the same issue. How did you adjust the voltage? Did you have to change each one of them to single phase and adjust individually or did you leave them in split phase? Thanks

Did you get the output voltage calibration sop.pdf from mppsolar as well? It had the instructions to adjust the voltages on each unit through your computer via the rs232 cable port. The process was similar to putting commands into an old ms dos program, or at least that's what it reminded me of. I adjusted my voltages in split phase with the breakers open. It required several attempts to get the voltage settings to "take". For example, i may have had one inverter adjusted down from 120.7v to 120.0, then moved on to the next inverter, and by the time I had all 4 inverters adjusted, the first may have been at 119.8, or maybe 120.3, but still closer to 120.0. At that point I was just leap froging around until I got all the inverters to hold at 120.0. They still fluctuate a little, but that may be my cheap digital multimeter, but they typically settle on 120.0.

Yes I got the sop from mppsolar. But wasn't sure if I have to do each individual one in single phase. Thank you for your reply.

I encountered the same F08 fault error, downloaded and applied the MCU 112.19 firmware update and problem resolved. In the process I came across another firmware update, "LV6548 DSP." Curious what this is and if I should apply it as well. Searched around and can't find anything about it other than the link to the file in the same folder where I found MCU 112.19.,

I'm wondering if anyone running multiple lv6548 inverters has run across the F08 fault code, and how they've remedied the fault?
I have 4x mpp lv6548 inverters, the first 2 are set up on line 1 in 2p1 and the second 2 are on line 2 in 2p2. I'm having a lot of trouble with the F08 fault code on the line 2 inverters. I've tried everything I can think of, I bought the inverters from watts24/7 and Ian has been very helpful, but we haven't figured it out yet. He helped me through some troubleshooting and he decided to replace the offending unit. After replacing the inverter that has been tripping the F08 fault code, the code has moved to the other inverter on the same line, 2.
The inverters are combined via 2x 60a 2 pole breakers. All the inverters start and run as they should when the ac output breakers are open, they work fine if I close either breaker one at a time, but one inverter on line 2 trips F08 when I close both sets of breakers.
I'd appreciate any discussion or suggestions that may help me through this.
This pic is a little while ago but gives you an idea how I have things set up.
I have got same issue I've tried single and parallel still same I completely disconnected AC input seems not so much also when battery full power in not used doing when battery empty or something in used doesn't do
Also AC output screen is 230v
But when I check with multi meter it's around 228v
I bought my inverter from eBay they're promised to resolve push me out 30 day's with mppt solar after 30 day's blocked me

Attachments

• IMG_20230512_220830.jpg
    IMG_20230512_220830.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 2
Back