diy solar

diy solar

LV6548 Fault F80 CAN Fault

BigMac76

I have two LV6548s in a Split Phase configuration (Basically followed Will's Setup). Right now I only have PV of 2.2kw connected to the first LV6548 (one input). I also have a 15KW battery connected.

Issue: On multiple occasions when I run something that has a large startup power need (Table Saw, Vacuum, Spray Painter, etc) - I receive a F80 Fault on the Inverter that has solar attached. I tried connecting the PV to LV6548 #2 and then got the fault on that one.

Has anyone come across this issue? Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Any replies regarding F80 code? I am getting it on the primary LV when I power cycle the other 3/4 (2 per phase).

same here F80 code and F83 code.

I was using one of the inverters to test, it all worked in out charging etc. so went ahead and put everything together for the 2 lv6548 units it fired up ok but only had lower voltage (75) on one leg in the subpanel box so went to set the 2nd inverter to all the same setting as the first one following wills guidelines except 2ps180 on the second inverter as soon as I did that alarms going off on both units and they won't respond only way I can get it to stop is take all the power input away. But it was throwing F80 and sometimes F83 codes. Tried it with just solar same thing tried it with just battery same thing.
Anyone have this issue and a fix for it?

Mine 4 are wired as per the manual. The 2 on leg one are 2P1 and the 2 on leg two are 2P2 (180).
In testing mode, no battery, no PV, just A/C utility in. When all 4 are power up, they go into
bypass as expected (120V both legs, 180 degrees, giving 240V. If I cycle any of the units other
than the master, the master throws F80 code and stays that way until cycle it.

There is also some voltage difference from the output of the inverters on the same phase. I have
to investigate more.

Anyone have any further information on this? I have begun to see the same error.

I have 2 5048MKX mppsolar inverters in parallel mode and I've started to get F80 error too. So far I didn't get a cause for my issue..
I'm monitoring to see if I can get more from monitoring.
Can be the monitoring by using RS232 port on raspberry?

Back