diy solar

diy solar

LV6548 SBU mode power consumption

DanielS

Folks,
I’ve been up and running just under and month and now have all my homes loads moved under my dual LV6548s. I noticed after moving everything off that the inverters are still pulling about 0.5A each in SBU (Solar/Battery/Utility). Does anyone know how I can get the consumption to be from the batteries and not the grid?

Folks,
I’ve been up and running just under and month and now have all my homes loads moved under my dual LV6548s. I noticed after moving everything off that the inverters are still pulling about 0.5A each in SBU (Solar/Battery/Utility). Does anyone know how I can get the consumption to be from the batteries and not the grid?
Heard back from Ian on this and he said it’s a “ready to go” 60w consumption.

Heard back from Ian on this and he said it’s a “ready to go” 60w consumption.
I have the same question. but with Sig Solar 6500. When there is solar, the inverter consumption comes from solar/batt. When solar is not producing, it comes from Utility. If I cut utility power the inverter will use battery to run the inverters but then I loose the pass through needed when batt low volt is reached.

What does Ian mean by "ready to go"?

Since it’s not documented, I’m not 100%, but I’m assuming there is some idle consumption on the grid connection to stay in sync with the grid frequency. It doesn’t seem like it would need to be that high. I’m seeing about 70-90W between the two inverters I have. Obviously if grid power isn’t there then you don’t consume anything. But his term, “ready to go” I just interpreted as available to transition to Grid without interruption.

It's strange that my my entire house usage will be 60 watts total on Emporia. Sun goes down, solar production stops and house usage ramps to 190 watts. I wish it would pull that consumption power from batteries.

Back