diy solar

diy solar

LV6548 utility connection question.

zack6736

I have most of my supplies and planning my install of two LV6548 inverters to power my house. But am a bit confused on the grounding line coming from utility. For utility power IN on the two 6548s, do I use the utility ground, or my own earth ground I will be using on the AC power OUT to my load panel in the house and just hook up the load and neutral lines from utility? I cannot seem to find a clear cut answer when I search, and the LV6548 manual doesn't really make that distinction. Thank you in advance.
zack

From main service panel to inverter AC in.
Hot/s neutral and ground.
There should be only one grounding system for all power systems.

From main service panel to inverter AC in.
Hot/s neutral and ground.
There should be only one grounding system for all power systems.
So I will be using the electric companies grounding system on my entire system. I was hoping to use my own earth ground, and only use the electric companies load lines and neutral. So the only way to get around this is not to have utility hooked up to the inverters for back up?

One grounding system for all power systems.
Whether they are connected to each other or not.

The grounding rod is a backup in case the neutral gets disconnected somewhere in the system. It provides a way to close the circuit. In the USA, there is only one ground and it is always bonded to the N in the load panel.

No
No
No
The entire grounding systems purpose is to carry fault current back to the source and open the circuit.
If neutral current is on the ground, someone has wired the system incorrectly.

Back