diy solar

diy solar

LVX-6048 3 Second Power Outages

Ian30

Hello all, I have three LVX6048's in parallel. I am having a number of issues with them, but the weirdest one is that randomly they stop outputting power for about three seconds and then come back on with no faults. I have tried pulling the comm cables out on their own, and checking the cables to make sure they are connected properly but the problem is ongoing. It can happen three times a day or 1 time a week, it's just random. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Yes. I have the same issues. I've been running 3 lvx6048's since Jan 2022 and they will randomly reset anywhere from once a day to once a week. Same time duration, about 3 seconds. No pattern of heavy load, light load, solar level, night etc. I will also get the occasional error 72 current sharing code which is a hard shutdown and have checked connections many times. I've designed the entire off grid system around these units so it's frustrating dealing with this. I've emailed mpp solar and haven't received a response. It's frustrating to have taken a leap of faith on these units to save money and be faced with eating the loss and starting over with something else.

Sorry, but at this point it is a well known issue with the LVX6048. The units does not work in parallel. I know it sucks and it is probably the main reason to get, but it has all kinds of issues when it is connected in parallel... change it to single units and almost all the issues will disappear.

Last edited:
Back