diy solar

diy solar

Lvx 6048 using a ultracapacitor instead of batteries

Austint

I have been doing some experimenting with the lvx 6048 trying to use a 6 farad ultracapacitor in place of the battery to cover inrush . For some reason the lvx will not attempt to charge the capacitor. Is this because it is completely discharged to begin with ?
The other experiment that was neat to see was using a Honda 2200 watt inverter generator connected to the input of the lvx with a transformer to get 240v. The solar was disconnected to begin with and the idle control of the Honda was near full throttle to carry some loads in the house . When the solar was turned on the Honda would drop its rpms because the loads were being taken care of from the solar .

I have asked this question in a different forum location that is more appropriate ( I do not see a method to remove my original question here )

I tried connecting the discharged capacitor to the lvx6048 but it would never start charging the cap , probably because the capacitor had too low of a voltage level . Even without the capacitor I was impressed with the loads I could start with the lvx6048 with no batteries or grid

question for the experts.... I have my LVX6048 so my well and other loads are comfortably taken care up, but can I run additional inverters along side it? Say adding a LV6548 or two with it? Will they stack and talk and work?

question for the experts.... I have my LVX6048 so my well and other loads are comfortably taken care up, but can I run additional inverters along side it? Say adding a LV6548 or two with it? Will they stack and talk and work?
You can only run the same model in parallel with it

Same model and same firmware I'd imagine. If you attempted running two differnt firmware versions very bad things could happen with any system

Back