diy solar

diy solar

LVX6048 low battery voltage alarm

Scooby

I have an LVX6048 connected to Jakiper batteries, solar and grid input. When the battery voltage goes low, the inverter switches to power from the grid, as expected. It also reports error code 04, battery voltage is to low, which is also expected, however I don’t need it to incessantly sound the alarm to tell me the batteries are low. I like to keep the alarm control on to alert me of any problems, but battery low is not a problem for me - is there a parameter I can set that will not activate the battery low alarm?

Also, out of interest, what battery related parameter settings (17, 18, 19, 20, 21) do you have in your LVX6048 with Jakiper batteries?

Thanks.

I don't have jakiper or comms but you want to set your low voltage alarm lower than your switch to grid low voltage setpoint, this will stop the alarm.
I attached the settings I've been using, I change them frequently pending weather and potential power outages.

Attachments

• IMG_20230101_181847.jpg
    IMG_20230101_181847.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 24
I don't have jakiper or comms but you want to set your low voltage alarm lower than your switch to grid low voltage setpoint, this will stop the alarm.
I attached the settings I've been using, I change them frequently pending weather and potential power outages.
Thanks for the advice - is ‘battery cut off voltage’ the parameter for the low voltage alarm? I have this set to 44.8V and back to grid set to 51.0V.

44.8V is way too low. Should be f.ex. 10% remaining load. Try 47?
You make a good point. This value is system set when using the Pylontech battery type in program 14, I wonder why
Pylontech/Jakiper have the value set so low?

You make a good point. This value is system set when using the Pylontech battery type in program 14, I wonder why
Pylontech/Jakiper have the value set so low?
So noobs don't complain that they aren't pulling full capacity

I have an LVX6048 connected to Jakiper batteries, solar and grid input. When the battery voltage goes low, the inverter switches to power from the grid, as expected. It also reports error code 04, battery voltage is to low, which is also expected, however I don’t need it to incessantly sound the alarm to tell me the batteries are low. I like to keep the alarm control on to alert me of any problems, but battery low is not a problem for me - is there a parameter I can set that will not activate the battery low alarm?

Also, out of interest, what battery related parameter settings (17, 18, 19, 20, 21) do you have in your LVX6048 with Jakiper batteries?

Thanks.
How do you manage to achieve this ? keep the power of the grid on IDLE or STBY for when no solar and no batteries are providing enought power?
Cause in mine, the grid seems connected and servicing the house, eitherway when solar and battery are still operable.. i cannot find the way to keep the grid from powering the house when not need it... Currently im doing so manually, power on/off the braker switch (Luma on the picture).

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1179.jpg
    IMG_1179.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 2
How do you manage to achieve this ? keep the power of the grid on IDLE or STBY for when no solar and no batteries are providing enought power?
Cause in mine, the grid seems connected and servicing the house, eitherway when solar and battery are still operable.. i cannot find the way to keep the grid from powering the house when not need it... Currently im doing so manually, power on/off the braker switch (Luma on the picture).

thank you
What mode are you running in / what are your settings?

What mode are you running in / what are your settings?

Hi, thanks for replay.
This is my current settings:
Felicity lithm 10K batery
12x450W Helios Plus Solar panels in paralell
LVX6048
Not Selling to the Grid.

Parameters:

01 SUB ( when testing setting is on SBU, but only in SUB the inverter sustain the hit of the utility comeback, but is starts powering the house, when panels are full working and battery has most of the charge )
02 APL
03 120
04 60
05 BLU
06 BYE
07 LTE
08 TTE
09 GRD
10 CSO
11 60A
13 30A
14 USE
17 56V
18 56V
19 48V
20 51V
21 54V
22 TEP
23 LOF
24 BOF
25 AON
27 FEN
28 SIG
29 NTT

Hi, thanks for replay.
This is my current settings:
Felicity lithm 10K batery
12x450W Helios Plus Solar panels in paralell
LVX6048
Not Selling to the Grid.

Parameters:

01 SUB ( when testing setting is on SBU, but only in SUB the inverter sustain the hit of the utility comeback, but is starts powering the house, when panels are full working and battery has most of the charge )
02 APL
03 120
04 60
05 BLU
06 BYE
07 LTE
08 TTE
09 GRD
10 CSO
11 60A
13 30A
14 USE
17 56V
18 56V
19 48V
20 51V
21 54V
22 TEP
23 LOF
24 BOF
25 AON
27 FEN
28 SIG
29 NTT
What is the VoC off your panels?
Do you means series not parallel?

I would change setting 06 to byd.
I would leave setting 01 on SBU.
I would change setting 17 to 55.2V.

I don't see anything else that looks suspicious.

It's been awhile since I've used that inverter.
Member @Crowz is running the same one, he may be able to offer more insight.

What is the VoC off your panels?
Do you means series not parallel?

I would change setting 06 to byd.
I would leave setting 01 on SBU.
I would change setting 17 to 55.2V.

I don't see anything else that looks suspicious.

It's been awhile since I've used that inverter.
Member @Crowz is running the same one, he may be able to offer more insight.
Thank You ! i will try this settings right away.... this bellow is the total specs for the solar panels.
Yes you are right to arrays of 6 plates each.. -sorry

Attachments

• IMG_4780.jpg
    IMG_4780.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 2
Thank You ! i will try this settings right away.... this bellow is the total specs for the solar panels.
Yes you are right to arrays of 6 plates each.. -sorry
You are welcome.
6S2P is a good setup for your your unit.
Report back on how it works out.

You are welcome.
6S2P is a good setup for your your unit.
Report back on how it works out.

Sadly, it keeps doing the usual. Code [55] and secondly after restart code [08]
55 Over DC offset in AC output..

Drumm Drummm Drummm POU ! code [55] later restarting... minisecond of lights-on then Drumm code [08]. i can upload a video if is possible or need it to diagnose.. But only bad behaves with setting 01 on SBU, 01 on SUB not much of a problem., but i cannot set or have the grid on IDLE either.

Sadly, it keeps doing the usual. Code [55] and secondly after restart code [08]
55 Over DC offset in AC output..

Drumm Drummm Drummm POU ! code [55] later restarting... minisecond of lights-on then Drumm code [08]. i can upload a video if is possible or need it to diagnose.. But only bad behaves with setting 01 on SBU, 01 on SUB not much of a problem., but i cannot set or have the grid on IDLE either.
Doesn't look good. 😔
Screenshot_20240409-161626.jpg

Thank You 4, yes. They sent me a new relay card which also have some other piece parts on it, not exactly as the original that came with the inverter last year 2023. But it did the same thing. So i place back the old relay card for future use if need it ( as spare one )
The inverter works "perfect" on SUB, it seems to dislike the SBU setting combined with town electricity power. ;~(

The other issue i dont understand, is why the utility keeps powering the house, with setting that for not? if im not miss interpretating or understanding the utility parameters Grid-AC flow-in.

Thank you 4!

Thank You 4, yes. They sent me a new relay card which also have some other piece parts on it, not exactly as the original that came with the inverter last year 2023. But it did the same thing. So i place back the old relay card for future use if need it ( as spare one )
The inverter works "perfect" on SUB, it seems to dislike the SBU setting combined with town electricity power. ;~(

The other issue i dont understand, is why the utility keeps powering the house, with setting that for not? if im not miss interpretating or understanding the utility parameters Grid-AC flow-in.

Thank you 4!
I'm just guessing it's because of the faults... It's diverting to utility power.

It's odd that it works fine in SBU with utility turned off, correct?

Have you already tried the battery voltage calibration, I linked above, in the past?

I'm guessing you've tried setting 02 on UTI and had the same issues?

"It's odd that it works fine in SBU with utility turned off, correct?"
humm now that you mentioned, i remember that i had post something to the MPP support once, time ago.., i will look into my mails and post it here, after posting this comments.

"Have you already tried the battery voltage calibration, I linked above, in the past?"
No, i havent, but unfortunately, when i was about to start with the instructions to factory reset, windows 10 just did an upgrade half an hour ago, after my previous post, and now, even the usb for the solar power app, is not working.

source Universal Print cannot be found.. Im trying to find a newer driver somewhere now.. but i will post my comment to MPP Solar in a few.
Thank You for all your help..

"It's odd that it works fine in SBU with utility turned off, correct?"
humm now that you mentioned, i remember that i had post something to the MPP support once, time ago.., i will look into my mails and post it here, after posting this comments.

"Have you already tried the battery voltage calibration, I linked above, in the past?"
No, i havent, but unfortunately, when i was about to start with the instructions to factory reset, windows 10 just did an upgrade half an hour ago, after my previous post, and now, even the usb for the solar power app, is not working.

source Universal Print cannot be found.. Im trying to find a newer driver somewhere now.. but i will post my comment to MPP Solar in a few.
Thank You for all your help..

This was the email comments i have sent to MPP Solar Support about this situations:

1st:

"I cannot remember if i have gotten this error ever. I do remember error code [08] and some bus voltage high or something like that.
Thats only when manually open the circuit to let the 125-127VAC from utility be present, or when it comes automaticly after gone.

But, since that is happening, i mostly used manually. Its like when utility comes into scene, there is nothing to do, because of the settings doesnt need to power or charge anything, cause there is battery and there is solar.... just to be there without doing nothing... just present, but its starts to bump bump with the transformer and at the end, restarts it self.

Hope this helps.

Thank You"

2nd:
"Something interesting, i let the battery go to the 46V and wait for inverter to shutdown the power to the house.
Then i started the utility to re-charge the battery, its night time, so there is no solar panels, only battery been charge with utility.
When battery percent reached 53V and battery percent reached 53% both around same time, the inverter started to complain and buzzing trembling like always.
Note that setting were in 01 SBU. I rapidly disconnect the utility input and changed the parameter 01 to SUB and connect the utility after that, and the problem of buzzing or trembling didnt repeat. So i dont know what this tells or says, but in case it server or been of a help..

Battery is still charging...

Thank You"

Last edited:
This was the email comments i have sent to MPP Solar Support about this situations:

1st:

"I cannot remember if i have gotten this error ever. I do remember error code [08] and some bus voltage high or something like that.
Thats only when manually open the circuit to let the 125-127VAC from utility be present, or when it comes automaticly after gone.

But, since that is happening, i mostly used manually. Its like when utility comes into scene, there is nothing to do, because of the settings doesnt need to power or charge anything, cause there is battery and there is solar.... just to be there without doing nothing... just present, but its starts to bump bump with the transformer and at the end, restarts it self.

Hope this helps.

Thank You"

2nd:
"Something interesting, i let the battery go to the 46V and wait for inverter to shutdown the power to the house.
Then i started the utility to re-charge the battery, its night time, so there is no solar panels, only battery been charge with utility.
When battery percent reached 53V and battery percent reached 53% both around same time, the inverter started to complain and buzzing trembling like always.
Note that setting were in 01 SBU. I rapidly disconnect the utility input and changed the parameter 01 to SUB and connect the utility after that, and the problem of buzzing or trembling didnt repeat. So i dont know what this tells or says, but in case it server or been of a help..

Battery is still charging...

Thank You"

Comments from support at MPP Solar:

"Thanks for the clarification - will update this with technician.

Meanwhile, our assessment so far suggests that the issues [F55, trembling noise] may both be pointing a fault on the main board so what we'd like to propose is to have this board changed first as this is the most likely cause.

Also, have you been using any heater / blow dryer or other load that may be "half-wave" since it is known that these type of load may directly cause F55?

I've pre-approved your RMA with the following, under warranty coverage

[LVX6048 MAIN PCB X 1]"

I havent decided what to do yet, cause its going to cost me around another $80 and i already had to pay for the newer WIFI board as well, previous lasted 6 months since inverter were powered on. Still deciding.., but got doubts since the rest works fine and i have read and heards about very close related issues as the one i have.... I just dont want to put more efforts and funds by getting and replacing this module, and things happens to be something else... OR, think on getting another 10K battery and be ALL of Grid completely.. But that will be around another project to inve$$$t, when possible.. ..

Thank you 4!

Last edited:
Back