diy solar

diy solar

* SOLVED * - LVX6048WP F13 Fault Code

kyle_wils

Just finished install of LVX6048WP 8kw set up

I am getting a fault code F13. Manual says: "The resistance between PV and ground is too low. PV ISO fault. 1. Check the wire and panels which may cause the leakage."

I have triple checked all wires and connections everything is correctly installed.
I have 2 strings with 2 separate DC breakers (1 in 1 out combiner boxes), plus the inverter a main PV disconnect safety switch.

What is strange is if I try flip on each breaker separately within a few minutes of eachother, the F13 fault disapears. The F13 fault only shows up first thing in the morning (when the sun rises triggering the PV to turn on) OR if I flip the main PV disconnect for both strings at the same time during the day. It's like the inverter can't handle both strings powering up at the same time?

Any advice or suggestions?

I had the same problem. With not only shutting down at Solar ramp up, but with my led lights flickering badly. I tried the solution mentioned in this post: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/mpp-solar-lvx-6048.19099/post-608531

My lights still flickered when I put in the 20uF capacitor across l1-l2. But it hasn't shut down on solar ramp up. Oddly enough, you're getting error code f13, I was getting error code 88(which is not in the manual btw). Similar problem have been described on the "now-WP" version in this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/mpp-solar-lvx-6048.19099/page-32

I am getting a fault code F13. Manual says: "The resistance between PV and ground is too low. PV ISO fault. 1. Check the wire and panels which may cause the leakage."

I have triple checked all wires and connections everything is correctly installed.
I have 2 strings with 2 separate DC breakers (1 in 1 out combiner boxes), plus the inverter a main PV disconnect safety switch.

What is strange is if I try flip on each breaker separately within a few minutes of eachother, the F13 fault disapears. The F13 fault only shows up first thing in the morning (when the sun rises triggering the PV to turn on) OR if I flip the main PV disconnect for both strings at the same time during the day. It's like the inverter can't handle both strings powering up at the same time?

I just turned on the power on my unit and getting code 13 also. However I think mine is a code 13 warning which is battery related (I don’t even have a battery as I’m doing grid tie only). There is a difference between code 13 fault and code 13 warning according to the manual. I figure it’s the “warning” since it’s showing the /!\ icon. I still don’t know how to fix it though.

Here’s the post I posted in the non “wp” thread:

Hello everyone, first post here from a solar newb so go easy on me. Bit of background, I’m installing a LVX6048WP with 5.5kW of solar on two strings of 6 panels each. The system is to be grid tied without battery storage.
The issue I’m having is nothing seem to work on the LVX6048WP unit. It keeps flashing a code 13 warning. The unit needs a software update so I’m hoping the update will solve that issue. Now for the update part, I downloaded the new software onto a windows 10 PC but can’t get it to connect to the unit. I’ve tried connecting the Ethernet cable to a USB adapter in my PC but that still doesn’t work and the updater program doesn’t detect a port associated with the unit. After two days of trying to connect I gotta concede defeat so I’m hoping someone here can nudge me in the right direction. My iPhone connected to it via wifi but I don’t think I can update the firmware using my phone. Please help!

Attachments

• 98D4264F-E669-4C2D-BA24-440278343971.jpeg
    98D4264F-E669-4C2D-BA24-440278343971.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 4
Here’s the post I posted in the non “wp” thread:

Hello everyone, first post here from a solar newb so go easy on me. Bit of background, I’m installing a LVX6048WP with 5.5kW of solar on two strings of 6 panels each. The system is to be grid tied without battery storage.
The issue I’m having is nothing seem to work on the LVX6048WP unit. It keeps flashing a code 13 warning. The unit needs a software update so I’m hoping the update will solve that issue. Now for the update part, I downloaded the new software onto a windows 10 PC but can’t get it to connect to the unit. I’ve tried connecting the Ethernet cable to a USB adapter in my PC but that still doesn’t work and the updater program doesn’t detect a port associated with the unit. After two days of trying to connect I gotta concede defeat so I’m hoping someone here can nudge me in the right direction. My iPhone connected to it via wifi but I don’t think I can update the firmware using my phone. Please help!
Are you using a USB to serial adapter? Use that with the RS-232 adapter that came with the inverter. RS-232 is serial communication and you need a USB to serial adapter to make it work with your computer.

Hi Kyle, did you resolve your issue with the F13 error?

**** Post edited see updated message: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/solved-lvx6048wp-f13-fault-code.49091/post-748635. ****

@rfern finally as of today. It turned to be an issue with the firmware in the LVX6048WP. At time of writing they have an upgrade for the firmware on their site to get it to 1.34: https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/lvx6048wp/

Upgrading firmware solved this for me. I knew it had to be an issue with the inverter because I tested resistance and grounding on everything and the ONLY time it would trip the F13 fault code is if BOTH strings fired up at the same time (ie. in the morning when sun came out for example). It ran no problem if I flipped the breaker for each string separately after a minute in between. I noticed after the upgrade when I fired up both strings at the same time I can see the system slowly boot up the amperage on one string at a time so they use have caught something internally that was causing ISO fault so if 2 strings are connected it tripped possible grounding leakage in the unit or something of this nature. Im so relieved... it was getting very annoying to have to turn on one string after another every morning. The only weird thing now since updating to 1.34 is the fan is roaring 24/7, even in standby. I have reached out to MPP to see whats going on. But the worst is over.... for now.

Last edited:
My fans are running constantly, what seems like full blast, after the firmware update too.
It just never ends with this inverter.. ive sent an email to MPP and solarpowerstore.ca for a resolution. I will update once I hear back.

Ok so I thought v1.34 is what fixed the F13 fault code. It technically is not the fix. The fix is actually changing your settings to "Grid Tie with Battery" even if you don't have a battery installed. If you are in Grid tie mode only (no battery) I receive f13 fault when both strings try to fire up at the same time.

I switched to Grid tie with battery (even though no battery installed) and I also reverted firmware back to 1.23 (any version above this the fan SCREAMS 100% 24/7 even during standby mode in the middle of the night which is insane). V1.23 was great so the fan works when needing to under load.

I of course get Warnings 13 and 15 because I thinks battery should be installed in this setting but I do not care for now. At least there is no fault. I have reached out to MPP with these details and hoping they send us all firmware to fix the fan and fix grid tie only mode so no f13 fault.

Ive attached some links and the actual files @YotaPower found for us if you wish to downgrade back to 1.23 (at your own risk maybe there is other issues im unaware of but my f13 fault is gone and thats what matters to me for now): https://watts247.com/manuals/mpp/Firmware/LVX6048WP/

I am currently running MCU 14.15 and V1.23 everything works great with exception to Battery warnings as described above. Let's hope MPP can provide firmware update for proper grid tie setting and get rid of fan running all the time thats just insane.

@robwolff3 @rfern @TFH

Attachments

• Hybrid LVX6048WP 6KW Service manual 20220222A.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
  • LVX6048WP Settings.pdf
    11.4 MB · Views: 10
  • FW 1.33 (F16 After 22-02 Production ).zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • FW 1.31 (After 2202 Production).zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
  • LVX6048WP DSP 1.34-After Feb22 Production.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • LVX6048WP-Remote 14.15-After Feb22 Production.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • LVX6048WP-GeneratorInputActive 1.23.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • LVX6048WP 1.19.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Ok so I thought v1.34 is what fixed the F13 fault code. It technically is not the fix. The fix is actually changing your settings to "Grid Tie with Battery" even if you don't have a battery installed. If you are in Grid tie mode only (no battery) I receive f13 fault when both strings try to fire up at the same time.

I switched to Grid tie with battery (even though no battery installed) and I also reverted firmware back to 1.23 (any version above this the fan SCREAMS 100% 24/7 even during standby mode in the middle of the night which is insane). V1.23 was great so the fan works when needing to under load.

I of course get Warnings 13 and 15 because I thinks battery should be installed in this setting but I do not care for now. At least there is no fault. I have reached out to MPP with these details and hoping they send us all firmware to fix the fan and fix grid tie only mode so no f13 fault.

Ive attached some links and the actual files @YotaPower found for us if you wish to downgrade back to 1.23 (at your own risk maybe there is other issues im unaware of but my f13 fault is gone and thats what matters to me for now): https://watts247.com/manuals/mpp/Firmware/LVX6048WP/

I am currently running MCU 14.15 and V1.23 everything works great with exception to Battery warnings as described above. Let's hope MPP can provide firmware update for proper grid tie setting and get rid of fan running all the time thats just insane.

@robwolff3 @rfern @TFH
Did you have any News from mpp. I have the same problem right now. Can't make it work. So I am changing the update now. How do you set it up ? On the inverter. Like the option 13?

My fans are running constantly, what seems like full blast, after the firmware update too.
I just upgraded my infinisolar 6k wp to 1.418 (BCS) and my fans running full speed constantly and then I get F27 fault code for fan error

Back