diy solar

diy solar

LVX6048WP Proper Output Breaker Size 25a or 50a?

koppted

Solar Enthusiast
This will be an off grid run to the critical loads panel. Here are the output specs for the 6048WP from the manual:
Nominal Output Current 25A per phase
Inrush Current/Duration 30 A per phase / 20ms
Maximum Output Fault Current/Duration 90 A per phase / 1ms
Maximum Output Overcurrent Protection 90 A per phase

Power Factor Range 0.9 lead – 0.9 lag

The AC output of my LVX6048WP will be going to an off grid panel that would supply critical load during and outage, Was wondering if it would be best to use a 50amp double pole breaker or 25amp double pole breaker. The per phase part I guess is what's confusing me.

Ian (watts247) uses a 30amp double pole breaker in his video with the lvx6048 (not WP):

This will be an off grid run to the critical loads panel. Here are the output specs for the 6048WP from the manual:
Nominal Output Current 25A per phase
Inrush Current/Duration 30 A per phase / 20ms
Maximum Output Fault Current/Duration 90 A per phase / 1ms
Maximum Output Overcurrent Protection 90 A per phase

Power Factor Range 0.9 lead – 0.9 lag

The AC output of my LVX6048WP will be going to an off grid panel that would supply critical load during and outage, Was wondering if it would be best to use a 50amp double pole breaker or 25amp double pole breaker. The per phase part I guess is what's confusing me.
I would go nominal output plus 20%. Consider the double pole breaker as what it is, a breaker for each leg. and your nominal is 25A, so... 30A double pole, or 40A to give yourself some margin depending on what kind of loads you have (pumps, AC compressors). The manual tells you for grid AC input to the inverter 40A breaker is recommended, and the specs tell you max continuous AC input is 30A.

I would go nominal output plus 20%. Consider the double pole breaker as what it is, a breaker for each leg. and your nominal is 25A, so... 30A double pole, or 40A to give yourself some margin depending on what kind of loads you have (pumps, AC compressors). The manual tells you for grid AC input to the inverter 40A breaker is recommended, and the specs tell you max continuous AC input is 30A.
Makes sense, thanks for your input.

Back