diy solar

diy solar

Lynx Distributor modified bus bar wiring ok?

Gurusi

Hey, I am currently putting together a schematic of my build (see PDF attached). I am looking for confirmation of if it is ok to wire my split phase LV6548 + and - to the external bus bar post (see jpeg) or whether i need a terminal doubler? I know with a standard bus bar you can put two lugs on one post (highest Amp first)

I am also unsure whether to use a 58V/250A or 58V300A mega fuse?

This is looking like a more cost effective build compared to two blue sea 600 AMP 4X3/8-1 with covers.

Thanks!

https://ibb.co/6BkNzXL
image link - jpeg was too big to upload

Attachments

• array build lynx.pdf
    433.7 KB · Views: 15
I suggest you use a lynx power in instead of a lynx distributor.
modify two branch positions to be fuse-able using this guide.

Fuses protect wires so for pure copper 2/0 wire in free air with insulation rated for 90C or better use a 300 amp fuse.
Since the batteries are fused at source connect one battery to each end of the backplane and the other two to the un-fused branches.
The AIOs get connected to the fused branch positions.

I suggest you use a lynx power in instead of a lynx distributor.
modify two branch positions to be fuse-able using this guide.

Fuses protect wires so for pure copper 2/0 wire in free air with insulation rated for 90C or better use a 300 amp fuse.
Since the batteries are fused at source connect one battery to each end of the backplane and the other two to the un-fused branches.
The AIOs get connected to the fused branch positions.
Thanks for confirming, I will go with 300Amp.

Yes the linked video got me interested originally. I am still divided whether to save $100 with the "power in" model and not having the fancy led lights for a blown fuse.

Could you confirm if its ok to hook up the x2 inverters + & - lugs to the large terminus on the side? I will be getting it inspected and don't want to fail and have to replace/adapt. Im guessing i am overthinking it, but want everything to be correct.

Thanks for confirming, I will go with 300Amp.

Yes the linked video got me interested originally. I am still divided whether to save $100 with the "power in" model and not having the fancy led lights for a blown fuse.

Could you confirm if its ok to hook up the x2 inverters + & - lugs to the large terminus on the side?
Your method, which I suspect is cribbed from
is fine by me.
I will be getting it inspected and don't want to fail and have to replace/adapt. Im guessing i am overthinking it, but want everything to be correct.
I don't know what your inspector will or won't accept.

Your method, which I suspect is cribbed from
is fine by me.

I don't know what your inspector will or won't accept.
The video attached is new to me (and a good idea). This was my wiring idea:-

Untitled12.jpg

Apologies my editing skills are basic.

The video attached is new to me (and a good idea). This was my wiring idea:-

View attachment 121436

Apologies my editing skills are basic.
You don't need or want fuses at the lynx for the battery circuits.
Those are fused at source.
That is why I suggested you connect 2 batteries directly to the backplane(one on either end) and 2 to unfused branch positions.
Then fuse the last 2 branch positions for the the AIOs.

You don't need or want fuses at the lynx for the battery circuits.
Those are fused at source.
That is why I suggested you connect 2 batteries directly to the backplane(one on either end) and 2 to unfused branch positions.
Then fuse the last 2 branch positions for the the AIOs.
Ah ok, yes it just clicked thanks. My initial plan was for additional redundancy on the batteries at the same price as a decent bus bar, but your suggestion would give protection for the AIO's.

Thanks for the help

Back