diy solar

diy solar

LynxBattery.com

Stacy

I’ve found a few threads earlier with no feedback. Wondering if anyone has experience with a company called Lynx Battery our of Seattle? They have what seems to be good prices on open Prismatic cells and enclosed cylindrical cells. Using Daly BMS’s. Items are in stock and I actually talked to a person when I called.
Would love any feedback y’all have!

Well, they seem good enough (if you're into Daly BMS)...

Their warranty looks like 1 year is all...

I guess in my mind, I've always seen the equation like, turn-key vs DIY vs convenience vs choice-of-component-selection vs warranty vs etc,etc,etc...

Some people want a Battleborn because they are turn-key, have heater option, 10-year warranty, etc, but they are highest price for the Ah...

I am more of like a DIY kind of person where I would piece together my system now, because I could use the component brands I choose. But I have to warranty it myself. If I get a dead cell, I have to order one myself and hope it matches well enough to my existing cells.

A supplier like this could be useful to get quick parts from, as they are located in the US, so it is faster to get parts from their local inventory, but may come at a higher price (because they did all the leg work getting cells from China, etc).

They don't seem to have any 280 Ah cells it looks like (all my existing cells are 280 Ah). I don't know, I saved it as a bookmark just in case if I find some use for their stuff at some point, although I think I have all the battery stuff I need for awhile..

Last edited:
I bought my first battery from them because they were in stock and I could have them in a week. No instructions on whether or not they needed to be balanced so I just put them together and charged them up. They were in use a day after they came in and have been running without issue for 6 months.

Bought my second battery from these guys, https://www.treelinepowersystems.com They were a decent amount cheaper than Lynx, but it looks like they recently had a price increase. They claimed to be in stock though it took a week longer for them to ship. Put together and charged the afternoon they came in ... added to my system the next day. No issues.

More expensive than DIY, but I didn't wait 2-3 months for them.

I bought my first battery from them because they were in stock and I could have them in a week. No instructions on whether or not they needed to be balanced so I just put them together and charged them up. They were in use a day after they came in and have been running without issue for 6 months.

Bought my second battery from these guys, https://www.treelinepowersystems.com They were a decent amount cheaper than Lynx, but it looks like they recently had a price increase. They claimed to be in stock though it took a week longer for them to ship. Put together and charged the afternoon they came in ... added to my system the next day. No issues.

Thanks for the feedback. Agree waiting months doesn’t sound good and I wonder how much you really save in the long run. Money is money and maybe I’m off but it seems like the saving is fairly small

I also did buy 2x 48v packs from Treeline Power Systems, and was generally satisfied with price/quality and whatnot. The only thing I didn't like about these packs, was later I decided to build my own battery clamp assembly (using aluminum plates), and Treeline had used that double-sided sticky 3M foam tape to stick all the cells together, and it was total PITA to pull those apart and clean all the gooey stuff of them with Goo Gone so they would sit flat against each other. Had I known about that, I would've called them before shipment and requested to have them just send the cells without the sticky tape on them.

I also wished the BMSs had been managed ones so I could read cell voltage (I do like that they are rated at 200a though). I wound up buying a set of 2a active balancers to wire up along side, because they have bluetooth and I could login and check voltage easily.

This is more reason why I like idea of piecing together your own pack, because then you can get the exact BMS with the features you want. On the next pack, I think I will just buy the 200a JK BMSs, with bluetooth and relay controlled...

At any rate, I did like that the Treeline Power Systems packs shipped fast!

1626815909443.jpeg

Last edited:
I agree about the double sided tape. I wanted to build the new pack as a mirror image of the older pack so they would fit on a single shelf and have the connections closer together. Since the new pack is taped together I have to rearrange the older pack to make that happen.

I also did buy 2x 48v packs from Treeline Power Systems, and was generally satisfied with price/quality and whatnot. The only thing I didn't like about these packs, was later I decided to build my own battery clamp assembly (using aluminum plates), and Treeline had used that double-sided sticky 3M foam tape to stick all the cells together, and it was total PITA to pull those apart and clean all the gooey stuff of them with Goo Gone so they would sit flat against each other. Had I known about that, I would've called them before shipment and requested to have them just send the cells without the sticky tape on them.

I also wished the BMSs had been managed ones so I could read cell voltage (I do like that they are rated at 200a though). I wound up buying a set of 2a active balancers to wire up along side, because they have bluetooth and I could login and check voltage easily.

This is more reason why I like idea of piecing together your own pack, because then you can get the exact BMS with the features you want. On the next pack, I think I will just buy the 200a JK BMSs, with bluetooth and relay controlled...

At any rate, I did like that the Treeline Power Systems packs shipped fast!

View attachment 57056

@Samsonite801
Hy, can you tell me please what BMS do you use ? Thanks

Last edited:
@Samsonite801
Hy, can you tell me please what BMS do you use ? Thanks

I had ordered the 200a BMS option from Treeline Power Systems ( https://www.treelinepowersystems.com/LiFePO4-48V-512v-280ah-14kWh-Battery-System-wIth-BMS_p_37.html ), they came shipped with non-managed BMSs (along with the 280Ah cells), the sticker on the BMSs say the company is: Bellhope Technology Co.

Looking now at their site again today, I see they now offer a drop-down option to optionally get the pack with a managed BMS (Bluetooth, CANBUS, or UART). That would be much better.

1626966012095.png

1626966239611.png

Since all I could get was unmanaged BMS at the time, I opted to buy a pair of JKBMS 2a active balancers, as they offer bluetooth app and cell voltage monitoring. Those are the black boxes in the picture, above the BMSs:

1626966512832.jpeg

They each require their own balance wires too, so there are 2 balance wires going to each bus bar.

Last edited:
I would ping on their contact link to ask, they have always replied to me (Randy), within a couple days typically...

(Or are you talking about Lynx Battery? In either case, why not ping them and ask)

Back