diy solar

diy solar

Made the plunge to Lithium....

Rbertalotto

Solar Enthusiast
Living up here in New England and winter camping, It is ALL about freeze charge protection.......I bought two Renogy 100aH with freeze protection for $499 each direct from Renogy (got another 5% off for signing up for their newsletter, $949.00 delivered!) and I bought a LISUATELI 12v 100Ah Battery withy freeze protection from Amazon for $345.00.....It will be interesting to see how they perform. The two Renogy will be used in my travel trailer and the Lisuateli will be used in my truck camper and for my trolling motor during the summer.....
My Two Duracell 100aH AGM batteries in the camper are now 7 years old and still going strong. Yesterday I ran the heater fan, lights and TV in the trailer all day as I was doing clean up and getting ready for the season. After 8 hours they were down to 70%........And an Eastern Battery 75aH AGM battery that is on my backup sump pump is 21 years old! I checked it and it was at 10.5V. Still running the pump, but very slow. (It is now on a Victron Blue Smart IP22 charger attempting to RECONDITION it) My 2007 Suzuki DR650 motorcycle GEL battery is now 15 years old and went riding a couple days ago with no issues......All batteries are kept on OPTIMATE chargers.......Accept No Substitute! Amazing how long these AGM/GEL batteries last......
I went Lithium for two reasons......Faster Charging and Longer maintained constant high voltage.........Hope it all works out!

That's fine, lithium-ion batteries are better and more durable than lead-acid batteries. Also, a 21-year-old AGM battery? Can you share, just curious how it took so long.

Can you share, just curious how it took so long.
Do you mean "How it lasted so long"?

The answer to this is a superb battery maintainer.....Other than OPTIMATE, all other battery maintainers I tried ruined batteries within a year or two....Delray, BMW, NOCO, Battery Tender, Schumacher.......I could start a museum.....

Back