diy solar

diy solar

makeSkyBluer

Will try the new code hopefully this weekend. Was not able to do it yesterday as it was cloudy most of the time and today it is worse.

new iteration has 'status' reading out.. so u can tell where it hurts.. if it does hurt..

Attachments

• makeSkyBluer.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 3
todays build-- corrected math calculation in PVv_average, BATTv_average, and improved PVi cal routine..
PVi cal routine is still bouncy a littlebit.. using an analog ampmeter on the PV might be more realistic..

Attachments

• makeSkyBluer.zip
    11.3 KB · Views: 9
new display board.. transitioning from basic functionality to ESP32-S2 chip with wifi.. so had to outboard muxxing the adc inputs into just one analog input.. also outboarded all 'settings' to eeprom on the I2c bus..making re-compiles very nice..settings dont go away with every new upload..also now there is room to store collected solar charging data in the eeprom for transport to view over wifi..this new pc board works for both the Adafruit QT PY(or Xiao eqivalent) AND Adafruit ESP32-S2..
shared board available at oshpark.com

makeSkyBluer_ESP32-S2​

also now available is DC2DC function.. it requires a high-side hall-effect PVin current sensor, externally, to replace the msb onboard low-side(gnd) pv currentsensor..theseare available easily on ebay, etc..

this makes any msb or powmr into a DC to DC converter.. such as transferring from a solar battery bank of 48v to a 12v small battery..

Attachments

• makeSkyBluer-master.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 14
  • makeSkyBluerSch.png
    makeSkyBluerSch.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 35
  • makeSkyBluerBrd.png
    makeSkyBluerBrd.png
    18 KB · Views: 29
new display board.. transitioning from basic functionality to ESP32-S2 chip with wifi.. so had to outboard muxxing the adc inputs into just one analog input.. also outboarded all 'settings' to eeprom on the I2c bus..making re-compiles very nice..settings dont go away with every new upload..also now there is room to store collected solar charging data in the eeprom for transport to view over wifi..this new pc board works for both the Adafruit QT PY(or Xiao eqivalent) AND Adafruit ESP32-S2..
shared board available at oshpark.com

makeSkyBluer_ESP32-S2​

also now available is DC2DC function.. it requires a high-side hall-effect PVin current sensor, externally, to replace the msb onboard low-side(gnd) pv currentsensor..theseare available easily on ebay, etc..

this makes any msb or powmr into a DC to DC converter.. such as transferring from a solar battery bank of 48v to a 12v small battery..

Your project is really cool, i like it! :)

Wondering why you don't just reprogram the original MCU...
The original one robust enough to do what needed as well.

I am thinking on making a homebrew firmware to the original PowMr board to build up a better MPPT tracking, more flexible configuration, serial communication and maybe custom display driving as well, because i like yours. :)

I have never programmed DSP before, only have experiece with PIC16/18 MCUs.

Anyway i don't know how can i reflash the TMS, what do i needed for...
I need to learn more about this. :)

Back