diy solar

diy solar

Manual Balancing (Discharging) of Individual Cells?

Coyang

I have a 48v 200ah battery bank with 16 cells. The noticed that the built-in BMS disconnects the battery from the SCC while charging even if it is not yet fully charged. I did an individual cell voltage check and I got a 3.68v reading from two cells, the rests averaged 3.33v - 3.50v each. I disconnected the battery from the SCC and discharge the over-voltage cells to 3.40v.

I want to discharge (manual balancing) higher-voltage cells without disconnecting from the SCC thinking it has been electronically disconnected by the BMS anyway. Would it be safe to do this while the battery bank is being charged by the SCC (I don't want to wait for the BMS to disconnect the battery)? Has somebody done this?

Thank you.

No issue to discharge those high cells while solar is charging them.

Consider reducing the charge voltage set point to avoid going over volt until this get evened out. Then press it back up once operating consistently.

No issue to discharge those high cells while solar is charging them.

Consider reducing the charge voltage set point to avoid going over volt until this get evened out. Then press it back up once operating consistently.
I did make adjustments to the SCC bulk/float settings but I was not able to fully charge the batteries on my first try. I will continue to make adjustments until I get the right settings.

Since I have two 48v/200ah batteries, I will use the SCC bulk/float settings adjustment method and also do manual balancing on the other. I guess manual balancing will be a lot faster.

Thank you

Back