diy solar

diy solar

Mark Forums Read Has Changed?

HRTKD

Boondocker
Staff member
I've been away from the forums for a few days, so maybe it's just me having a senior moment. It used to be that I would read new posts in the specific subforums I'm interested in. Then I would mark the entire forum "Read" when I was done by clicking a link on the banner at the top of the page. I can't find that link where used to access it.

1649528090851.png

I now have to go to New posts to get to the "Mark forums read" button. I can (reluctantly) work with this, but it's not the way I want it to work and it's not hwo I read posts in subforums I'm interested in. Other forums I'm on work the way I described above. A link to mark the forum read without having to see the list of new posts.

I don't believe it's broken, just an unannounced change. You can still find that button on the "new posts" page.

1649848939137.png 1649880117916.png

I think the idea is to make it easier on you: e.g., click new posts, open as new tabs threads of interest as you scan the list, then click Mark forums read. Be sure to do that step last as it wipes the current page and takes you to the top.

Last edited:
I don't believe it's broken, just an unannounced change. You can still find that button on the "new posts" page.

View attachment 91062

I think the idea is to make it easier on you: e.g., click new posts, open as new tabs threads of interest as you scan the list, then click Mark forums read. Be sure to do that step last as it wipes the current page and takes you to the top.

But that's not the way I read the forums. I don't look at certain forums, like "Residential Solar". If I have to go the "New Posts" route, I now have to not only look at the title of a thread but the forum that it was posted in.

Sounds like you posted in the right thread then.

Updated everything, only took out redundant buttons. Should be nice and clean, and like before. Let me know what you guys think

Finally found a way to disable the media section that I paid for but ended up not using (for bandwidth reasons). Ok fantastic, much cleaner now. No need to manually disable half of the unneeded buttons. New posts can be found in forum and whats new tab. I think it looks perfect now.

What do you guys think?

I can live with the "Mark forums read" link being under the "What's new" drop down.

Where is the "Suggest a YouTube topic to Will" button?
scratchhead.gif

Finally found a way to disable the media section that I paid for but ended up not using (for bandwidth reasons). Ok fantastic, much cleaner now. No need to manually disable half of the unneeded buttons. New posts can be found in forum and whats new tab. I think it looks perfect now.

What do you guys think?
Me Be Happy!
I see What's new so I am finished with my moaning, for the time being.

Thank you Boss.(y)

Back