MASON-6.9KWh SEPLOS DIY Battery Kits, the preorder price at only 1000usd - Price too low?

Bananassassin

My apologies if this is a rookie question or if this isn't the right thread but...

I'm doing a grid-tie system. This is 'Phase 1' and I'm focusing on back-up power because Texas. No solar yet at this stage. I'm planning to base the system on a SunGoldPower 12kw inverter. Will the RS485 or Canbus communication protocol communicate with this device? If so, how? Lastly, if it will not integrate, can I use the batteries without the ethernet cables? I thought I finally had this stuff figured out, now I'm seeing RS485, Canbus, ethernet, etc etc and it's like I'm out of my depth again. Gah

Thx so much to the community for your insights.

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
Yes, I am going to buy two myself. It did take some prodding to get them to confirm which BMS is included. The "Victron compatible" model is included, if you ask enough times.
From what I understand, you can update the firmware using the PC app, and they continue to update for support with other inverters. Victron supports Pylontech, and the Seplos BMS is said to emulate that protocol, which would make it compatible. Same for my MPP Solar inverters, which support Pylontech.
The issue is does Victron support the Seplos? I dont think so yet, but there is a vendor in Spain working to get that done.

Sanwizard

Photon Sorcerer
My apologies if this is a rookie question or if this isn't the right thread but...

I'm doing a grid-tie system. This is 'Phase 1' and I'm focusing on back-up power because Texas. No solar yet at this stage. I'm planning to base the system on a SunGoldPower 12kw inverter. Will the RS485 or Canbus communication protocol communicate with this device? If so, how? Lastly, if it will not integrate, can I use the batteries without the ethernet cables? I thought I finally had this stuff figured out, now I'm seeing RS485, Canbus, ethernet, etc etc and it's like I'm out of my depth again. Gah

Thx so much to the community for your insights.
Yup, BMS protocols and comms can be confusing. I think we are all in the same boat. The industry is maturing fast though.
As for sungoldpower supporting Seplos, you would need to ask them.

houseofancients

Solar Addict
From what I understand, you can update the firmware using the PC app, and they continue to update for support with other inverters. Victron supports Pylontech, and the Seplos BMS is said to emulate that protocol, which would make it compatible. Same for my MPP Solar inverters, which support Pylontech.
The issue is does Victron support the Seplos? I dont think so yet, but there is a vendor in Spain working to get that done.
victron supports pylontech, and seplos emulates pylontech.
besides that , seplos supports victron officially, so i bet they have properly tested that