diy solar

diy solar

Material between compressed cells

Johneb

Solar Enthusiast
Okay I have searched but not found an answer to this question. I have read somewhere of putting a thin sheet of aluminum between cells before compression with the sheets extending out the sides to dissipate heat from the cells. If you are careful to not get the aluminum above cell height, would this work or be advisable? My setup will be in a truck camper battery box. It does have vents but I imagine it could still get very warm in there. I plan to add cooling fan(s) with temp sensors to turn them on and off as needed.

Some threads with ideas....

Last edited:
Regarding battery compression, a non-conductive separator (or sponge) needs to be placed between the cell and the cell, but it should be noted that the separator should not be too thick.

Regarding battery compression, a non-conductive separator (or sponge) needs to be placed between the cell and the cell, but it should be noted that the separator should not be too thick.
Amy from Luyuan will sell you insulation material that they are using and I'm pretty sure Docan has something similar as well.

I used concrete board wrapped in parchment paper between cells, in a compression pack. It's cheap, cuts easily with a diamond blade in a skill saw, and should be a good fire barrier. But you have to make the interconnects.

On the other hand I don't have this really working yet, although the problems have nothing to do with using the concrete board. But no track record.

Back