diy solar

diy solar

max oak bluetti eb 150 , not charging

scot newcomb

160 x 2 renogy panel . showing 20.7 v at input pin . unit shows 0 input . What do I not get here ?

If it's possible at first reset the Bluetti. Figure out how to do this, most you must press some buttons at the same time for few seconds. Do this not work, contact Max Oak.

The last try is to open the Bluetti, disconnect the battery, wait 60 seconds, switch the Bluetti on (to discharge some condensators) and reconnect the battery. Be very careful if you do this! If this don't solve the problem, I think the Bluetti is dead.

If it's possible at first reset the Bluetti. Figure out how to do this, most you must press some buttons at the same time for few seconds. Do this not work, contact Max Oak.

The last try is to open the Bluetti, disconnect the battery, wait 60 seconds, switch the Bluetti on (to discharge some condensators) and reconnect the battery. Be very careful if you do this! If this don't solve the problem, I think the Bluetti is dead.
Thankyou , I have contacted them , they have virtually no tech support . I may try to open him up . Charges fine and functions well with 110 V shore power .

Recently received a bluetti eb2400 charges fine via AC plug. Will not charge with solar. 180 W Nature Power panel producing 18.7V and 8.56a at the panels mc4 connector, yet when connected to the eb2400 plug, will not charge. Contacted MaxOak, they sent second mc4 to 8mm plug, same result. Not an expert but when I take a continuity reading at the mc4 to 8mm plug, the mc4 receiver which receives the positive cable from panel correlates to the outer barrel of the 8mm plug ????? Hmmm... Like I said, not an expert but when I measure the watts of the AC to 8mm plug, the power is at the inner pin, not outer barrel. You're correct virtually not tech support. Any ideas?

My guess is your panel has the opposite mc4 connectors to maxoak’s standard.

either you need a different adapter, or you need to swap mc4 connectors on your panels.

should be negative on the barrel.

Panel has SAE connector. Have tried SAE to MC4 in both polarity configurations, will not charge. I agree the negative should be on the barrel of the plug. Tells me that I need to clip the MC4 connectors and reinstall in opposite polarity on the to 8mm adapter.

One question; isn't the positive cable coming from the panel usually the male MC4 connector (the one with the +)?

I plan to also clip the SAE connector from the panel and install MC4 connectors. Waiting on more MC4 connectors.

EB150 specs suggest 16-60v DC input, hence no reason why it shouldn't work. Reverse polarity/MC4 to 8mm cable would be my first thought but with these ruled out it's frustrating MaxOak are not actively helping to resolve the issue at hand. Personally I had little support from PowerOak (Bluetti's EU branch) with the K2 and K5 powerbanks a few years ago. Discouraged me from purchasing the EB150 when it was released.

I would exercise your right to a replacement if it's still under warranty. Did you purchase via Amazon or from them directly?

Back