diy solar

diy solar

Maxoak Bluetti eb150 Will not Charge from AC wall charger

Punk

All, I have received my new eb150 yesterday. The battery condition indicates 3 bars so I plugged in the wall charger and nothing! I did notice on the power supply the indicator led is Flashing very fast in Green whether or not the input is plugged into the battery or not, On the power supply brick its reads RED=Working, Green = Charged. I watched Will Prowses' video on the eb150 and as soon as he plugged it in the power supply brick indicator turned red when it started to charge. I also noticed what appears to be a small fan inside the power supply brick that is oscillating back and forth but not spinning. I checked the DCV at the 8mm male end of the input cable and "Zero" volts. I am not an expert but this leaves me to think the supply is bad. Can anyone confirm if they own an eb150? I appreciate the helpIMG_2401.jpg

I suspect you'll want to call tech support on that. At a guess I'd say a bad temperature sensor, so it thinks the batteries are too hot/cold to charge.
What did the manual say for a flashing red light? Are there any error codes anywhere?

Hello svetz,

Thank you for your reply. There are no codes on the battery unit. The manual indicates to just plug the wall adapter in to the 110 vac then to the input DCV and what I have done. Nothing happens at all. I suspected the power brick as the fan is not rotating within the housing. Also imprinted on the backside of the power brick it says RED = Working, GREEN = Charged. It says nothing about a flashing green light which is the condition of the power brick as soon as its plugged into AC? if it is then plugged into the battery nothing changes it still flashes green. I checked the DC voltage at the positive pin of the male 8mm input plug to the battery and there is nothing. MAxoak is sending another power brick so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will update this post when a resolution is found. So much for the quality control

Additional pics

Attachments

• IMG_2804-001.jpg
    IMG_2804-001.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2803-001.jpg
    IMG_2803-001.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2802-001.jpg
    IMG_2802-001.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 5
... I will update this post when a resolution is found. So much for the quality control...
Looking forward to the update! As to the quality control, just curious... was delivery box at all messed up?

Although it took longer than usual to arrive, the boxing itself was fine...

All, I just want to close this thread out today. Today I received the same wall charger that came with mu eb150. 42 v @5amps 210 watts. It works just like I thought it would. Strange thing is one although identical seems to be produced in 2007. Oh well I now have a working unit.

Attachments

• IMG_2810.JPG
    IMG_2810.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 2
Back