Mechanical Room - How much space to budget for solar/battery

DetachedGarage

Hey guys! Great to be part of the forum and the DIY Solar community. I'm in the process of designing my garage and also my Hybrid Solar System. I'm wondering how much wall space/floor space to budget in the mechanical room for all of the components for my solar system build. I want to go big with the hybrid Solar System. 16-20+KW and big with the battery as well. Hopefully using my Rivian R1T batteries after their EOL. I will have the height advantage of 12' cheilings in the mech room as well, so I can go vertical.

I will have a number of other items in the mechanical room (Furnace/AC, Boiler/manifold, Central Vac, Air compressor, Water heater, etc.) and I've put a link below to my latest video that reviews some preliminary floor plans. Space is already going to be pretty tight with all of the components and I want to make sure I budget as much room as possible for the components, but not too much. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

- Cheers
Sean

DetachedGarage

Ok guys, I'm really struggling with the size/location/access of the mechanical room. The video below has my latest floor plans. I'm considering hiding the batter bank underneath the stairs, but I'm not sure if the mechanical room should be up against the exterior wall or not. Feel free to take some screen shots of the video below and sketch up your recommendations.

Thanks,
Sean