diy solar

diy solar

Megarevo 8K Firmware Update

Screenshot_20230317_121006_Docs.jpg

Screenshot_20230317_121015_Docs.jpg

I'm off grid but it would be nice if they did that. It is an option for start stop generator Control.

Screenshot_20230317_121048_Docs.jpg

Yes, I saw that in the Ver 1.4 manual and liked it. Since its in the manual, it proves the firmware exists...where is it??

I am using a 40 amp contactor tripped by a Kasa smart switch to grid charge for 2 hours at night to charge the batteries.
Sent you a PM

Where do you guys get the firmware and how do you update it? I'm not finding anything.

Firmware is updated via the USB port of the inverter using the 'stream' program that is included in most of the firmware zip files. You should be able to get the firmware from your distributor, or some have been linked in this thread.

Firmware is updated via the USB port of the inverter using the 'stream' program that is included in most of the firmware zip files. You should be able to get the firmware from your distributor, or some have been linked in this thread.
Thanks! I bought an EG4 8k inverter so I found it on EG4 electronics website. I'm trying to figure out if Megarevo's firmware is better than EG4s or vice versa.

Have you tried both?
Which do you think is better ?
I've tried both multiple times. Megarevo has the home load option but EG4 has "PV power" option in the menus. I'm not sure which each of them do though. Also, the EG4 version has a much higher version number. Not sure if it actually means anything though.

Btw it was suggested to me that I ask you about this... Have you figured out how to place the CTs for zero export or anti reverse? I can't figure this out for the life of me and I don't want to export to grid. I'm getting weird behavior with solarman app too.

I've tried both multiple times. Megarevo has the home load option but EG4 has "PV power" option in the menus. I'm not sure which each of them do though. Also, the EG4 version has a much higher version number. Not sure if it actually means anything though.
thanks for the feedback.
Btw it was suggested to me that I ask you about this... Have you figured out how to place the CTs for zero export or anti reverse? I can't figure this out for the life of me and I don't want to export to grid. I'm getting weird behavior with solarman app too.
No I haven't. I have net metering and I want it to feed back to the grid once my batteries are fully charged.
So I never played with those settings. But @cmack had the same issue like you: not wanting it to feed back and it did it anyway.
I have read more people with these issue's.
I really love my MR (I have 2) but the intermittent communication with MR support and no progress for a while now really disapoints me.
Since you have an EG4 branded MR, you should try leaning on EG more and try and get more/better support.
Afaik what you want: self supply mode without back feeding to the grid is *impossible* at the moment.

Fwiw Mine is running in peak shift mode where it does not back feed the grid during the day and will charge the battery overnight.

I’ve got aftermarket CT’s on it now but fairly certain I had to install them backwards to make it work right. I believe the software is wrong inside the machine.

I show my settings in this video:

Avoiding 30 Cents Per KWH Without A Sol-Ark

I’ve got aftermarket CT’s on it now but fairly certain I had to install them backwards to make it work right. I believe the software is wrong inside the machine.
I tried your suggestion and reversed my CT's but the fans immediately went full speed, like a plane taking off.
I started pumping all power back into grid from my batteries.
Sure wasn't working for me (i did NOT reboot my inverter though)

I tried your suggestion and reversed my CT's but the fans immediately went full speed, like a plane taking off.
I started pumping all power back into grid from my batteries.
Sure wasn't working for me (i did NOT reboot my inverter though)
Interesting. So with them facing the right direction it still exports some though?

For what its worth....there is new firmware for the 8kw on the eg4 website.
Looking at the date stamps inside the ZIP file:

2636180 Nov 9 08:10 hybrid_app8K_V14_20220907_gen.axf
1399555 Nov 10 15:37 HybridInverter8KSNA_v1.4.13.B03D02.out
468796 Nov 17 07:54 R8KLNA_Manual_Supplement_About_Generator20220823.docx
148480 Mar 17 15:29 firmware_updating_readme.doc
4096 Mar 21 09:05 'tool setup'
The only thing "new" is the firmware updating doc & the directory "tool setup"
There is already a newer version available of the 2nd file:
HybridInverter8KSNA_v1.4.13.B03D06.out <- D06 vs D02 above

I collect all information I can find about MEGAREVO (manuals/firmware etc) at my personal website (no ads/tracking) at

and with all the firmware together in

Looking at the date stamps inside the ZIP file:

The only thing "new" is the firmware updating doc & the directory "tool setup"
There is already a newer version available of the 2nd file:
HybridInverter8KSNA_v1.4.13.B03D06.out <- D06 vs D02 above

I collect all information I can find about MEGAREVO (manuals/firmware etc) at my personal website (no ads/tracking) at

and with all the firmware together in
I am very happy you are doing that. I used it cause I needed the Generator setup to charge the batteries from the grid only when down to 25% back up to 35% .

Do you currently have solar-assistant running on a Pi and have it communicating with an EG4 or Megarevo 8kw? Was thinking SS implied that they weren't working together at this time.

Solar assistant *should* be working, although I haven't tried it. Home Assistant works perfectly for me.

It's still early in the morning, but here are some stats:
1684412603440.png

Notice I'm still on old firmware which has the PV3/4 low production bug.

Back