diy solar

diy solar

Miady 12 volt battery voltage drop?

GGameBoy

I charged a 20 amp hr Miady 12 volt lifep04 battery with a bench charger at 14.6 volts at 1.2 amps after I received the battery. It arrived at a voltage of 13.3. Well after I charged it and the current went to 0 amps I started hooking up to r inverter and noticed the inverter showed 13.3 volts. I thought that was weird so I looked at my voltmeter again and it showed 13.3. Did I get a bad battery?

I charged a 20 amp hr Miady 12 volt lifep04 battery with a bench charger at 14.6 volts at 1.2 amps after I received the battery. It arrived at a voltage of 13.3. Well after I charged it and the current went to 0 amps I started hooking up to r inverter and noticed the inverter showed 13.3 volts. I thought that was weird so I looked at my voltmeter again and it showed 13.3. Did I get a bad battery?
the battery voltage will settle to around 13.3 to 13.2 once you take the charger off
(about 3.3 volts or so per cell)
So no you likely didn't get ripped off tbh

5 out of 6 of my Miady cells are dead, melted open, or billow smoke on charging.

Video of Miady Smoking..

Was that 80 Amps you were pumping into it ?

A 20 Ah LiFePO4 ??

If so smoke would not surprise me.

The bummer is that the op was warned about what the realistic specs are back in April on another thread.

Tip: Treat the Miady's like TalentCell LFP, which have the specs printed on the case. If you do, you'll be fine.

@MrPhoton - stop torturing the Miady's. :) Perhaps contact Miady and also Amazon, not just for replacements to torture over again with new videos, but to get them to correct their mistaken specifications. It may all be down to a decimal point.

In fact, looking at the spec sheet for download here for the 16ah, I think they are missing a decimal point, or it is hard to read. So instead of hitting them up with 42A max, the more realistic value should be 4.2A, which jives with their recommended standard charge of 0.25C as seen on the sheet.

I also see the 80A pulse charge (3 seconds max) on the 16ah batt. That HAS to be wrong.

These specs are obviously wrong, and MrPhoton is proving that by repetetively smoking Miady's on both charge and discharge.

I wish I could find a contact for Miady to inform them that these specs are not realistic. If anybody knows, lets do the community at large a big solid to get them to correct it and stop the abuse.

Last edited:
Was that 80 Amps you were pumping into it ?

A 20 Ah LiFePO4 ??

If so smoke would not surprise me.
8.00 A 8 / 20 AH-rate = 0.4C charge rate.

I scoured Amazon reviews. Found another reference to Smoke. Many references to cells dead after a few charges. Another person who had a Melted abs top. Will noted the horrific chemical smells when he opened one. Others on Amazon have noted terrible smells coming off the batteries. Several also received 0.0V read cells - where BMS cut-out LVP or was just dead.

Also videos questioning the 20AH cell's OVP and making it challenging to charge the cell.

Just a lesson in "You get what you pay for"..... With both melting or smoke incident - I'd been coughing all night and into the next day. Just not worth it to save a few $.

The bummer is that the op was warned about what the realistic specs are back in April on another thread.

Tip: Treat the Miady's like TalentCell LFP, which have the specs printed on the case. If you do, you'll be fine.

@MrPhoton - stop torturing the Miady's. :) Perhaps contact Miady and also Amazon, not just for replacements to torture over again with new videos, but to get them to correct their mistaken specifications. It may all be down to a decimal point.

In fact, looking at the spec sheet for download here for the 16ah, I think they are missing a decimal point, or it is hard to read. So instead of hitting them up with 42A max, the more realistic value should be 4.2A, which jives with their recommended standard charge of 0.25C as seen on the sheet.

I also see the 80A pulse charge (3 seconds max) on the 16ah batt. That HAS to be wrong.

These specs are obviously wrong, and MrPhoton is proving that by repetetively smoking Miady's on both charge and discharge.

I wish I could find a contact for Miady to inform them that these specs are not realistic. If anybody knows, lets do the community at large a big solid to get them to correct it and stop the abuse.
Appreciate the line of thought. I have reached out to Miady. They've suggested a refund of at least one cell - but keep insisting that their specifications are tested at their factory.

Well, I guess it is encumbent upon us to warn those that the specs aren't realistic and to tame it down significantly and follow another manufacturer's specs instead, like a Talentcell which is more aligned to reality.

Your video and pics show that the specs are not realistic. So if you want to keep on purchasing these, save some cash and treat them like solar garden-walkway LFP cell specs.

Ie, MAX currrent for a Miady would be no more than 0.5C charge. I'd even keep it under that. Same for discharge - tame it down.

Funny thing is who knows if marketing and engineering are cooperating for both cell specs and bms specs...

Back