diy solar

diy solar

Micro inverters & limiting output to grid

Rick16105

Is there a way to use micro inverters and limit output to grid to zero?
Thanks,
Rick

Some brands/models support zero export:

"If creating a system with zero-export capabilities in mind, it should be noted that an Envoy-S Metered gateway must be paired with S-Series Microinverters. Other string systems paired with the Envoy-S Metered gateway are incapable of doing zero export."

It requires microinverters capable of throttling their output (or being selectively turned off), and a control unit.

If no such system is available for your, you might be able to roll-your-own with relays to disconnect them individually, and a DIY control system.

I wish typical string inverters had current transformer inputs, but I haven't seen that; what I've seen requires add-on boxes. Some hybrids do have the feature.

Does anyone here used Deye Micro inverter.. Im interested in how to set up export limit

Does anyone here used Deye Micro inverter.. Im interested in how to set up export limit
I’m not sure Deye Microinverters are approved for use in the US, but I believe Hoymiles Microinverters and their gateway supports zero-export capability…

Back