diy solar

diy solar

Micro inverters with LG410w panels

Sherwooddavid

l‘m going to be installing 32 LG410N2W-V5 solar panels in the next month or so and trying to decide if I should use AP Systems QS1 Microinverters or Enphase 1Q7 plus Microinverters ? The Enphase 1Q7 plus are more expensive and trying to figure out if there worth the extra money. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks,Dave?

I would base my decision on features. I may be slightly biased since I have been using Enphase micros on several installations since 2015.
This may be old information and not relevant to your plans but I heard of one AP micro installation where the AP micros did not play well with an AC coupled hybrid inverter. That may have been an older version of the AP micros.

I have used microinverters for the past 2 years. The failure rate of enphase is almost nill. But other microinverters like aps has failed. I think enphase is the perfect product for residential solar and they give the 25 year warranty.

...installing ... LG410N2W-V5 ... trying to decide [on type of] ...Microinverters ? ...
Be sure any microinverter you get can handle the 410W output, for example the IQ7X's go up to 320W.

You should consult the tables provided by the manufacturer because maximum voltage and Amperage are also important.
Enphase usually accomodates DC to AC ratios above 1 to 1. In the above example that would be 1.28 to 1.

Be sure any microinverter you get can handle the 410W output, for example the IQ7X's go up to 320W.
The IQ7PLUS-72-2-US has a max voltage of 60V and recommended wattage of 235W - 440W . The LG has a 49.5Voc. That'll work down to -22F (-30C).

20% over isn't uncommon, but those are big panels

l‘m going to be installing 32 LG410N2W-V5 solar panels in the next month or so and trying to decide if I should use AP Systems QS1 Microinverters or Enphase 1Q7 plus Microinverters ? The Enphase 1Q7 plus are more expensive and trying to figure out if there worth the extra money. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks,Dave?
The IQ7plus is the way to go. you get free Enphase will help you keep up with your system.
In addition to the greater energy savings from higher production, Enphase microinverters are just a better long-term investment.
Enphase microinverters come with a 25-year warranty; string inverters need to be replaced at least once in the lifetime of the system.
Streamlined components make for quicker and less costly installations.
High-quality materials and remote problem-solving save money on repairs. Microinverters operate independently, so each panel performs to its fullest. One shaded or dirty panel won't affect the rest of the system. Burst technology lets microinverters produce more at dawn, dusk, and in low-light conditions, for a longer solar day. in my opinion, this is the way to go. Good luck

Back