diy solar

diy solar

Midnite Solar Barcelona w/breaker box

Weldman

Sunlight Welder
Got the beta version, haven't hooked it up yet I need to get my pole barn enclosed first which is in next 30 days.
First look, well built, packaged perfectly and loaded with goodies no other MPPT I have seen have. Figure to let the community get a look at it the way it's never been seen, all credit goes to Midnite solar as it's a beautiful piece of equipment.
Once hooked up I will update on it.
Cinder block is to give reference to size of the unit with breaker box (optional).
Midnite1.jpegMidnite2.jpegMidnite3.jpegMidnite4.jpeg

I was looking at that new Barcelona on their website (saw it by accident when I went there to look for the manual for my MC 250), and wow, that thing looks like quite the beast, 585v (600v ?) max PV Voc, and 200a battery charger. Yeah, let us know more once you get a chance to test on it more. Assuming these also have wind and hydro curves built-in like the earlier units... I mainly bought my MC 250, so I could toy around with wind generator prototype later on (when I get more time)...

1663215426205.png

Last edited:
Hmm weird, I got the above spec sheet off of another site selling them, but then looked on Midnite Solar site and see their PDF, and they show a different charging amperage of 130a output. Also they confirm solar, wind, and hydro curves on it.

1663217223547.png

Last edited:
Only goes down to 185V to wake it up and you can either use their power curve for wind or build one yourself per say of the manual I'm looking at. It does 200A not 130A, doesn't have Hyper VOC as that second picture.
Your first list of bulletins is correct.

IT"S ALIVE!!!! :eek:
Only 10 panels on this trial, will try a 11th one later though needs to be monitored for low temperatures to not exceed 600V and then will put another 11 on in parallel, bringing the total to 22 panels.

Next up will be pairing up a ß Rosie inverter/charger from Midnite and spanking it like a redheaded stepchild.
I was just looking at these units wondering if they might be a fit for my situation. How are things coming along now? Do you have your Rosie paired up yet?

I was just looking at these units wondering if they might be a fit for my situation. How are things coming along now? Do you have your Rosie paired up yet?
Working on it right now. Seems to be bit convoluted based on this is new. Will get pictures up hopefully today of my progress. My suggestion is if you go this route get the back plates, they make life so much easier and it's more cleaner.

Have SPD’s on the way, but to connect the two units together then on to the battery I used a switch. Plus I feel better I can disconnect the battery from ever if need be. Need to put a SPD in line to the battery too and get a main breaker box wired in for AC side of things.IMG_5429.jpeg

Here's the party!
I'm going to need to bring out my bigger welder to push it harder.

Looks like an acceptable amount of Voltage sag when you’re pushing the system a bit.

Who makes the shutoff switch between the barcelona and Rosie, wondering what the specs are ?

Glad to see the Rosie in action, I was on the beta list but not ready to pull the trigger when it became available ?.

Looks like an acceptable amount of Voltage sag when you’re pushing the system a bit.

Who makes the shutoff switch between the barcelona and Rosie, wondering what the specs are ?

Glad to see the Rosie in action, I was on the beta list but not ready to pull the trigger when it became available ?.
Blue Seas 600A Is who makes the shutoff switch, I use them on both of my systems.
I have enough battery to prevent too much voltage sage and I will push it further later to see what happens. I will get another Rosie to put in parallel in the future.

Back