diy solar

diy solar

Mighty Max Battery 12V 100AH Lithium Replacement Battery

sjgoodin

Anyone have experience with the Mighty Max Lithium Replacement Battery, 12v 100AH?
$650 at Amazon and Ebay at the moment.
Addendum:
Here are specs from Mighty Max (see attached file)

Attachments

• ML100-12LI_Specsheet.pdf
    163.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
2,000 cycles is the lowest claim I've seen on LiFePo4.

Actually, they make 2 different life cycle claims on their amazon posting.

View attachment 3480
^^^seconded^^^
I was reading the text "Stronger, Lighter and Longer 2500 cycle life expectancy compared to the traditional sealed lead acid batteries" and thinking they meant 2500 cycles more than an SLA battery, which, like, okay, now we're in the right range of cycles at least... then looked over in the photos where they only claim 2000 cycles total :LOL: ... If they can't even work out how many cycles to claim, good luck getting information or support from them.
My two cents:
Nope.

Did you see the "photo" of their battery next to an RV? It's photoshopped to look like its the size of a cooler! Why? If it really was that big I would never buy it! Too many red flags all over this one.

Did you see the "photo" of their battery next to an RV? It's photoshopped to look like its the size of a cooler! Why? If it really was that big I would never buy it! Too many red flags all over this one.
Hahahah I saw that too, and I was a bit flabbergasted as to who thought that would be a good idea... does someone somewhere think that every RV owner's fondest dream is to have one giant battery or something? Too weird for me, and not cheap enough to make it worth the risk.

I did not see enough about the BMS in the specs. It says overcharge and short circuit protection. What about all the other important safeguards?
  • Low voltage disconnect
  • Sub-freezing charge protection?
  • Over temp protection.
  • etcc

Any luck on a follow up for this? I'm interested at the price and I can pretty much guarantee these will stay a reasonable temperature where I can mount them. I like the idea I can get so many more of these units for the price!

Any luck on a follow up for this? I'm interested at the price and I can pretty much guarantee these will stay a reasonable temperature where I can mount them. I like the idea I can get so many more of these units for the price!
How about $929 for 150Ah
They have no temp protection and can Series connect.

That looks sketchy and fly by night to me... Not sure I'd trust a warrantee from them, and cost / AH isn't all that much better than that mightymax setup, which is a brand I've dealt with for a while and had good luck with for an AGM battery on my camper.

That looks sketchy and fly by night to me... Not sure I'd trust a warrantee from them, and cost / AH isn't all that much better than that mightymax setup, which is a brand I've dealt with for a while and had good luck with for an AGM battery on my camper.
@Will Prowse tested a Tesla S starting battery from Ohmmu and had a 10% off code that may not still be working.

Total Ohmmu 12V 150Ah $882.55 with free shipping and no tax to CA with discount code!
4 year warranty.

Mighty Max, 12v 100AH Walmart with tax to CA is $737.43 with 2 year warranty.
so for $145 more you get 50Ah more and they series connect.

Last edited:
Total Ohmmu 12V 150Ah $882.55 with free shipping and no tax to CA with Will Prowse discount code! diysolar
4 year warranty.

Mighty Max, 12v 100Ah Walmart with tax to CA is $737.43 with 2 year warranty.
so for $145 more you get 50Ah more and they series connect.
Battle Born 100Ah is $949 shipped no tax to CA is only $212 more than a Mickey Mouse Mighty Max,

I am currently living off 2 of these batteries. They do work well when they are charged.
When over discharged the BMS shuts them off, and a lithium battery charger will not recognise them as connected, or wake them up.
Customer support from Mighty Max is kinda lame. (so, buy from Amazon and you will be able to return them once if they go dead).
I am viewing them as "beginner batteries"...
Until, I learn enough to build my own DIY Lifepo4 battery bank.

Back