diy solar

diy solar

Milwaukee MX Fuel Carry-On™

Aaron_85

So I noticed Milwaukee have finally released this in their high-power MX range.
US$2,199.00 for 1,800w continuous 3,600w peak, including 2 batteries.
Extra batteries are US$599.00 (AU$899!) 72v 6.0Ah 2p40s li-ion.

Sure it integrates nicely if you have a butt load of other MX fuel gear, but pretty rich money for 864Whr power bank with a Milwaukee sticker. Hot swapping batteries is a plus if you REALLY need that, but the batteries alone are the same price as a small generator anyways.

Pricey but it's good to see something like this from a mainstream brand. I'm guessing that its inverter conversion efficiency is similar to the Ecoflow Delta's, which means that you'll definitely need to swap batteries if, for example, you would like to run a refrigerator overnight.

That's re-donkulus money for the capacity. $1k would be more in line something like this, and even that is high for my taste.

That's re-donkulus money for the capacity. $1k would be more in line something like this, and even that is high for my taste.

Re-donkulus is a perfect word to describe this rip-off. At that point, just get a Goal Zero 1500X (expensive in its own right). Twice the capacity for a slightly cheaper price.

This makes sense only if you somehow already own a crap ton of their batteries.

The only way they'll sell these is if the audience they're selling it to (e.g. contractors) has never even heard of Goal Zero, Jackery, etc. .... let alone the cheaper Chinese imports.

Back