diy solar

diy solar

"Minerals" 8S 200A smart BMS, with 2A active balancing, via Andy/OffgridGarage

Martijn

As Andy was testing the 48V JK BMS (click for video) on a 4S/8S system, you need a DC/DC converter.

But, he also has a link available for an 7S-8S 24V BMS with 2A active balancing, see second entry:

AliExpress links:
I wonder if this is any good, any of you know the BMS?

With regards,

Martijn

Last edited:
As Andy was testing the 48V JK BMS (click for video) on a 4S/8S system, you need a DC/DC converter.

But, he also has a link available for an 6S-8S BMS with 2A active balancing, see second entry:

AliExpress links:
I wonder if this is any good, any of you know the BMS?

With regards,

Martijn
This is the first I have seen these BMSs. They certainly tick off a lot of the things I am looking for in a BMS (particularly a higher current). I look forward to seeing more reviews from folks on the forum.

I've been chatting with someone from HankzorBMS and they're telling me they lowered the 'starting voltage' for their BMS too. Also a rebranded JK.

I would like to oversize a bit, a 250A would be ideal... I destroyed my rebranded Daly with a firmware upgrade after HeyoBMS told me to install (because of the fluctuating current reading when using an inverter, see https://diysolarforum.com/threads/d...eading-jumping-inaccurate-inconsistent.26622/ )

The 8S 2A 200A JKBMS (AU$182) is substantially cheaper than the 24S 2A 200A JKBMS (AU$274)
So have they added a step up converter to >40V in the 8S unit or changed the circuitry to require a lower voltage?
Just thinking about how to setup a JKBMS 8S 2A 200A as a combined BMS/active balancer for a 12V 4S pack. What sort of step up converter would I need ? 12V to 24V

All the JKBMS listed here now are suitable for 8S 24V LiFPO4. Obviously there has been a new model that requires >20V to power up.
https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003104573871.html

I wonder if they can all be used with 12 to 24V DC DC converters on 4S 12V LiFPO4 packs?

The XWSR store on aliexpress has a good range of Dc DC converters. No load current 3.5mA

Hankzoor rep confirms you can use the 8S JKBMS on 12V 4S packs with a 12 to 24 "boost module" - for what that is worth. Anyone game to put in production?

Last edited:
All the JKBMS listed here now are suitable for 8S 24V LiFPO4. Obviously there has been a new model that requires >20V to power up.
Yep, that's what Hankzor told me as well. And a support rep at Minerals told me that the BMS listed above is a JK model too, with support for 24V, powered by the battery itself.

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005003104573871.html

I wonder if they can all be used with 12 to 24V DC DC converters on 4S 12V LiFPO4 packs?

The XWSR store on aliexpress has a good range of Dc DC converters. No load current 3.5mA

Hankzoor rep confirms you can use the 8S JKBMS on 12V 4S packs with a 12 to 24 "boost module" - for what that is worth. Anyone game to put in production?
Anyone know when Hankzoor started shipping this new 24V model? I have received 3 of the JK-B2A24S20P shipped from Hankzoor on 10/13/21 and would love to know if I have the new 24v units... I'm still waiting on the slow boat from China with my (32) LF280K EVE cells from Amy.

I did receive my 60V DC variable power supply, would it be valid to hook up the power supply to the BMS with no balance cables plugged in and test to see if it powers up with about 30V and a few amps?

AtDhVaAnNkCsE

Last edited:
Get onto chat and see if Hankzoor can clarify about your order. They are usually good at responding. Should be able to test startup and powerup with your variable power supply, remembering these units need an extra +5V to startup. The -ve is the first black and +ve is last red.

Thanks, I'll reach out to them. It would be nice to have the new 24V units because I currently have a 24V inverter that I could keep as a spare backup and put into service with minimal reconfiguration.

Appreciate the link! On another note, I'm still gathering supplies and I need to purchase at least 32 ring connectors to use with the balance leads, anyone know the size of those wires? Any suggestions on quality ring connections? Amy said the welded studs are M6...

Back