diy solar

diy solar

Mini Magnum Panel 4400 to Main? or Sub?

Catsassend

I am having trouble purchasing a main or subpanel, main breaker, lug. What do I need?
I have a Magnum PAE inverter/charger with Midnite Classic 150 MPPT charge controller. I have my Disco combiner hooked up and ready to plug in my pv panels, and I am 90% sure where they hook in to the Mini Magnum panel - red bus bar says, "PV Bus bar" but the black bus bar says, "DC Negative Bus bar" - why don't they both simply say, PV or DC? Anyway... I need to bring the AC out to two separate camper trailers (30 amps each, shore). I am planning to put the receptacles 40 feet from the power house, and I'd like to run at least one 20 amp circuits in the power house. I am having trouble figuring out the difference between the sub and main and lug. Part of my problem is that when I look at the panel for sale, they don't come with breakers and they don't say what type of breaker you need to fit it. I understand the MMP has the "feeder breaker" but what is the breaker called that would connect the MMP to the subpanel, or should I get a main with a switch to connect the two? Incidentally, I am not running the generator (nor utility) through a main panel, it will be run through the Mini Magnum Panel when in use. (which I think is okay. ?)

We are so close to creating our own power, getting excited and very nervous. Don't want to blow up the world or anything.

Back