diy solar

diy solar

Mini split - multizone vs individual sets???

Most of the brands only warranty parts, not labor. I saw a youtube thing, where a guy had a mother board go bad in three months and Senville sent him a new one. He wasn't a super electrician but he managed to install it in six hours. I would hate to have to do that, but atleast you know a mother board is not the end of the world

Yes, the Daikin warranty only covers parts and a licensed HVAC has to return the defective part to Daikin dealer for replacement. So it sounds like Senville would be easier to deal with for getting replacement parts.

I think that's a result of the reality that finding an HVAC tech who will work on a DIY installed unit is unlikely at best.

My HVAC guy was OK with it because you are basically paying him for a full install and saving him 70% of the work. I found the guy through a neighbors referral so it's not like I already had a working relationship prior to the install. I found 3 different contractors that would do the job for around $1k and sign off on it for the warranty and utility company rebate.

I'm not sure many HVAC guys will turn down job where they make a grand for installing a line set and testing the system.

They'll turn it down the $1000 to install a lineset if they are swamped with work selling installed mini splits for $20k, some are amazingly.

Back