diy solar

diy solar

Minimalist MPP LV6548 System

M Bayes

I am building an off grid Solar system based on the MPP LV6548 all-in-one inverter as inspired by William Prowse you tubes. I have purchased 20 Renology AGM batteries 12V 100AH batteries and have ordered my MPP LV6548. Initially I plan on using 2 strings of pv panels totaling 4000 Watts. I am on the grid but want a parallel system to knock down my bills. In my next post I will put up my wiring diagram. Cheers

Good luck. I have a rooftop 4.3 kw gridtie system since 2014 with net metering. I want to island off most of the house with another 4 kw ground mount with batteries. Keep the 240 volt system gridtie. Two AC units, pool pump, and stove. I use a lot of KWs in hot South Texas

Is it too late to return the batteries? I'm sorry, but I think that was a poor choice. You would have spent FAR less money on something like Trojan L-16s that would have given you the same capacity in a single series string. One single battery string will be far easier to take care of then four.

I plan on using battery balancers on each group of 4 batteries. I will use WATTS247 4 to 2 combiner box for the PV panels, it covers all the contingencies in a neat box. I will have 2 PV strings totalling 4000 Watts initially, then upgrade to 4 strings and 8000 Watts later. Here is my wiring diagram, comments welcome.

Attachments

• 2022-02-08_192411 pdf..pdf
    1 MB · Views: 45
Good luck. I have a rooftop 4.3 kw gridtie system since 2014 with net metering. I want to island off most of the house with another 4 kw ground mount with batteries. Keep the 240 volt system gridtie. Two AC units, pool pump, and stove. I use a lot of KWs in hot South Texas
Could you have a look at my wiring diagram and see if I am covering the bases?

Is it too late to return the batteries? I'm sorry, but I think that was a poor choice. You would have spent FAR less money on something like Trojan L-16s that would have given you the same capacity in a single series string. One single battery string will be far easier to take care of then four.

I have the batteries, with your experience could you review my wiring diagram, thanks.

Back