diy solar

diy solar

Missoury wind and solar

Can we help the OP get some answers and maybe stop complaining about what everyone on the solar forum already knows: Wind is a tough source of power to make work and extremely dependent on where you are and the specific geography surrounding you windmill site.

Complaining that a windmill doesn't make power when it's not windy is the same as complaining your 400W solar panel doesn't make 400W when the sun goes down or when there's clouds in the sky.

Can we help the OP get some answers and maybe stop complaining about what everyone on the solar forum already knows: Wind is a tough source of power to make work and extremely dependent on where you are and the specific geography surrounding you windmill site.

Complaining that a windmill doesn't make power when it's not windy is the same as complaining your 400W solar panel doesn't make 400W when the sun goes down or when there's clouds in the sky.
I agree with you. However, until the trolls stop attacking my company from their mother's basement, I am going to defend my company's stellar reputation. We work very hard and have helped thousands and I am not going to let trolls try to hurt our business.

I've got no skin in the game, but it isn't encouraging that you've only defended yourself and haven't done anything at all to help the OP.

Edit: somehow I lost the most important part of my message.
Can't you do both? (Defend yourself and help)
You've made it obvious that you feel the need to defend, but I think you'd be better off not doing it like this.

Last edited:
Can we help the OP get some answers and maybe stop complaining about what everyone on the solar forum already knows:
That's like saying that we don't need to talk about top balancing because it's already been talked about 10,000 times. People are going to keep asking about top balancing.

By the way it's a year old post that the MW&S person trolled out of the sewer along with another half dozen or so threads that were long extinct for no reason other than trying to market his products. Something that I believe is forbidden on this DIY forum.

Terrible comparison. People don't buy solar panels and wind turbines to make power (kW). They buy them to make energy (kWh). Small turbines have done nothing but prove that they are terrible at reliably AND predictably producing energy.

There's a difference between complaining and stating facts. If I ruffle the feathers of those that profit from relying on customers having no idea what they are getting into so be it.

Round and round we can go but I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that will speak highly about thier experience with any small wind turbine and certainly not one made in the last 15 years.

I agree with you. However, until the trolls stop attacking my company from their mother's basement, I am going to defend my company's stellar reputation. We work very hard and have helped thousands and I am not going to let trolls try to hurt our business.
You're doing a great job all by yourself!

I've said nothing about your business, just your wind turbine along with everyone else's small wind turbine. Sounds you're taking it a bit too personal but the truth hurts sometimes.

Who's the troll? You're the one digging up threads and posts from a year or longer ago. They we're long extinct but you've brought them all back to the top.

And my mama's basement is very cozy.

So you have nothing constructive to contribute to the conversation. Got it.
Much more than you

I'm just tying to help anyone who stumbles onto this thread in the future. That's pretty constructive. If I've offended you in anyway I certainly wasn't trying to.

edited to add the 2nd sentence.

Last edited:
That's like saying that we don't need to talk about top balancing because it's already been talked about 10,000 times. People are going to keep asking about top balancing.

By the way it's a year old post that the MW&S person trolled out of the sewer along with another half dozen or so threads that were long extinct for no reason other than trying to market his products. Something that I believe is forbidden on this DIY forum.

Terrible comparison. People don't buy solar panels and wind turbines to make power (kW). They buy them to make energy (kWh). Small turbines have done nothing but prove that they are terrible at reliably AND predictably producing energy.

There's a difference between complaining and stating facts. If I ruffle the feathers of those that profit from relying on customers having no idea what they are getting into so be it.

Round and round we can go but I think you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that will speak highly about thier experience with any small wind turbine and certainly not one made in the last 15 years.
I 100% agree with you that these comments were pulled out of the sewer as that is where I found them. I could not agree any more with you that these comments are that.

In responding to the OP's original question, most of the comments here seem to be by people that do not live off-grid - probably only grid-tied. Living off-grid gives you a much different perspective on wind. Most comments will be "just buy more solar" and I do have three tracker arrays capable of producing 15Kw. It's huge and I love it. However, when you have 4+ overcast days and your battery bank is waning, the wind turbine has supplied enough power to bridge the gap until you get a very sunny day. Buying more solar doesn't help you during those times. You could certainly run a gas generator but why not have power-producer that runs around the clock?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116-073322.png
    Screenshot_20230116-073322.png
    326 KB · Views: 15
Back