diy solar

diy solar

Missoury wind and solar

Ruben

I got a free missoury wind and solar
wind turbine,
Its 48v 1500 watt

Down side is : i dont have a rectifier and no charge controller
Will any simple/ cheap chinese controller work on this turbine ??
I dont want to spend a lot of cash on this project

Btw : my solar system is also 48v

Your opinion

I just found a rectifier and connected the 3 ac wires from the turbine on it
Measured the dc side and i got like a constant
30v and max 60v output

wind turbine,
Its 48v 1500 watt
Free is far more than a Missouri wind turbine is worth.

Seriously though you'll never even recoup the cost of tower and the wire going from your system to it.

Seriously though you'll never even recoup the cost of tower and the wire going from your system to it.
I tend to agree. Turbines, and it's generator need to be desgined to be powerful yet save in an urban setting. Hense my mission

wind turbine,
Its 48v 1500 watt

Down side is : i dont have a rectifier and no charge controller
Will any simple/ cheap chinese controller work on this turbine ??
I dont want to spend a lot of cash on this project

Btw : my solar system is also 48v

Your opinion
did you ever set it up?

Not sure why OzSolar has to make these ongoing comments about us. We are very proud of our customer service as is related by over 600 reviews on the Better Busines Bureau. It's always simple for shade tree mechanics to throw stones at companies working for small wind.

Not sure why OzSolar has to make these ongoing comments about us. We are very proud of our customer service as is related by over 600 reviews on the Better Busines Bureau. It's always simple for shade tree mechanics to throw stones at companies working for small wind.
Wow. This and the others posts against me and others is just appalling.

You're only managing to make a mockery of yourself and your company.

We will shut up once you produce any sort of graph or datalogging showing the kWh of your turbines.

images

Wow. This and the others posts against me and others is just appalling.

You're only managing to make a mockery of yourself and your company.

We will shut up once you produce any sort of graph or datalogging showing the kWh of your turbines.

images
Don't hide behind your login. Come to the store and let's have a hands-on honest evaluation of what your problem is.

Don't hide behind your login. Come to the store and let's have a hands-on honest evaluation of what your problem is.
That's sound an awful lot like "let's take this outside"

Let's just go with a data driven approach instead. I'll be glad to look over any data you can supply.

Why not discuss the issues here in this convenient public forum?
I have attached my logs off of my Midnite. These are my logs from my house. When we are getting good wind, >15 mph, we see it make about 600 watts. This isn't a blanket statement about anything - this is what happened at my house over the last month. We also have 15kw of solar panels on 3 trackers so my wind doesn't get a lot of opportunity to produce. I do want to point out that the attacks have all been about "read our reviews" and now that I have addressed that, we are going to start hopping on to all of this "show your work". I'm fine with putting this out here but I will never apologize for being a very small company that doesn't have the resources that a Bergey gets, etc. to document every whim from arm-chair nay-sayers. Our wind turbines work.

Attachments

• data_export.txt
    205.9 KB · Views: 12
That's sound an awful lot like "let's take this outside"

Let's just go with a data driven approach instead. I'll be glad to look over any data you can supply.
That's not what I said at all. You want to paint me as the villain. I am inviting you to our store. I'll even throw in a free Subway sandwich.

I have attached my logs off of my Midnite. These are my logs from my house. When we are getting good wind, >15 mph, we see it make about 600 watts. This isn't a blanket statement about anything - this is what happened at my house over the last month. We also have 15kw of solar panels on 3 trackers so my wind doesn't get a lot of opportunity to produce. I do want to point out that the attacks have all been about "read our reviews" and now that I have addressed that, we are going to start hopping on to all of this "show your work". I'm fine with putting this out here but I will never apologize for being a very small company that doesn't have the resources that a Bergey gets, etc. to document every whim from arm-chair nay-sayers. Our wind turbines work.
I can't do anything with that. Please send it as an excel.

I can't do anything with that. Please send it as an excel.
The website will not let me send as such. Also, you have not responded to why we have a 4.89/5.00 over 600 reviews on the BBB, particularly, if we are "worse than free".

The website will not let me send as such. Also, you have not responded to why we have a 4.89/5.00 over 600 reviews on the BBB, particularly, if we are "worse than free".
You need to figure out a way to send it form that we can actually use.

The only way I can send it in Excel is to send it in the Zip. Also, you have not responded to why we have a 4.89/5.00 over 600 reviews on the BBB, particularly, if we are "worse than free".

Attachments

• data_export.xls.zip
    64.8 KB · Views: 6
make a .csv file and rename to .txt

Attachments

• test.csv.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 5
Don't feel special. I say that about every small wind turbine.

For a very short period twice in one month.
View attachment 129417
Right - but that says more about the wind at my site than the turbine. It is capable of making good power. I don't think you would ever get an argument from us that you make your power with solar and supplement with wind.

Back