diy solar

diy solar

Mixing battery manufacturers in one large bank - 10x 100ah lifepo4 batteries

lucl

Hi guys,

I've got 4x 12v 100ah ExpertPower lifepo4 batteries setup in a 12v battery bank. Now, I'd like to expand my system to 1000ah by adding in 6x 12v 100ah BattleBorn lifepo4 batteries, making the bank 4x ExpertPower batteries and 6x BattleBorn batteries in a 12v configuration ( so 10x 12v 100ah batteries).

Since I'm new to all this, I'm curious if it's OK to mix battery manufacturers. They appears to have the same stats for charge/discharge and they both have a BMS built in. My batteries will never see cold weather since they are house in a house in AZ in a garage.

Thanks!
Luc

Hi guys,

I've got 4x 12v 100ah ExpertPower lifepo4 batteries setup in a 12v battery bank. Now, I'd like to expand my system to 1000ah by adding in 6x 12v 100ah BattleBorn lifepo4 batteries, making the bank 4x ExpertPower batteries and 6x BattleBorn batteries in a 12v configuration ( so 10x 12v 100ah batteries).

Since I'm new to all this, I'm curious if it's OK to mix battery manufacturers. They appears to have the same stats for charge/discharge and they both have a BMS built in. My batteries will never see cold weather since they are house in a house in AZ in a garage.

Thanks!
Luc
Putting them in parallel is fine. 12V is the only configuration you can do though with 6x of one and 4x of the other.

Be sure all the batteries are at the same state of charge before connecting them all together.

To ensure all 10 batteries are equally charged/discharged, the cables of all ten batteries need to be the same gauge and length. The positives all need to be the same length and the negatives all need to be the same length. Positives and negatives don't have to be equal.

From the forum's Resources section, download the Wiring Unlimited document. Review the section on how to wire batteries. You should not wire the batteries old school like you would lead acid batteries.

Back