diy solar

diy solar

Mixing Lishen 272 and Eve 280 Cells in same battery?

JaVid

I ordered cells in the group buy. One of the cells was damaged and Michael exchanged cells with me to give me a new one. He replaced my Lishen 272 cell with an Eve 280 cell. The Lishen's are all labelled with IR of .12 and the Eve is labelled with IR of .15

I just wanted to check and confirm it is okay to use the Eve cell with Lishen's in the same 8S battery? I told Michael I had Lishen's and he sent me an Eve, so I assume it is okay, but wanted to confirm before I put it to use...

Thanks for any help

Assuming they meet spec, they're only 3% different in capacity. IR difference is minor.

Did you actually measure IR?

I didn't measure IR - just going off label. Would IR be the only glitch with mixing cells?

I just didn't know how they would play together - didn't know if they had differences that would come out after some use...

IR discrepancies can cause a problem, but it's almost certain the two brands of cells were done at different manufacturers with different equipment. Everyone wants to believe the numbers are accurate, but they really aren't. Ideally, you measure them all with the same tester and compare values.

In any case, .12 vs .15 is a non-issue.

Just be aware that the heights of the terminals is different so a bus bar isn't going to properly sit flat across the two of them. You'll need to do something to even up the heights (e.g. insert something under the EVEs to make them a little taller).

Thanks for all the replies - I hadn't noticed the different terminal height, but now that i look closer - it is different. I am going to ask Michael to replace the eve with a Lishen.

Back